Shortcut key to insert the next tag
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 22:11
German to English
+ ...
Jul 8, 2017

Is there a keyboard key to insert the next tag? The usual method with place cursor in target, position mouse cursor in source, double-click is cumbersome when a large number of tags need to be moved from the source to the target.

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
Yes there is Jul 10, 2017

shift + ctrl + "number"
and its not a secret that cannot be found somewhere in the internet if one tried to find it somewhere.
there are zillions of shortcuts, some ridiculous and some very useful.

AAV
AAV
Local time: 04:11
Ctrl+Shift+number Jul 10, 2017

This is what can be found in Across Help by the "shortcuts" key word:
http://www.across.net/online-help/v60/across/data/acrossHaupt759.htm

Ctrl+Shift+number
(not on number pad)
Copy an inline object (= gray and green field as well as tags) from the source text to the target text: Ctrl+Shift+1 inserts the first inline object, Ctrl+Shift+2 the second, etc.

[Edited at 2017-07-10 05:30 GMT]

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Insert tag Jul 10, 2017

Thanks, this is what I was looking for - I somehow missed the shortcut in the reference.
A shortcut I found by chance is Ctrl+n to insert CrossTerm entry "n".

Oksana Nastasiy
Oksana Nastasiy  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Russian
+ ...
Does not work Sep 20, 2017

I have SDL 2015 and this shortcut doesn't work in it. Does someone know any other possibilities to insert a tag?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shortcut key to insert the next tag

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »