Richard Purdom
Richard Purdom  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:36
Dutch to English
+ ...
wasting time Oct 12, 2018

Sara Marques wrote:

This morning, our translation agency was in an unpleasant situation. We are going through a reorganization process and we are looking for freelance translators to fill language pairs we still didn't offer. In that sense, we have posted a few projects to Proz, looking for candidates. However, we have received an extremely unpleasant phone call and later email from a German freelance translator. On such email, he questioned our work ethics when it came to select translators for our database and gave some unsolicited and unpleasant advice on how we should conduct our business.

I am leaving this post as a warning to any one who encounters the same person.

So, why the title referring to a German translator Sara? If you want to generalise, I can tell you all about my dismal experiences with Portuguese translation agencies, but that wouldn't be fair to apply to them all, would it?
T.b.h. this whole post of yours is a pointless rant, and I'd love to know why you are looking for translators for language pairs you don't offer.

Who is wasting who's time exactly?

Daryo

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Obnoxious exchange of words with a German freelance translator

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »