Thread poster: Emal Ghamsharick
Emal Ghamsharick
Emal Ghamsharick  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:29
English to German
+ ...
Nov 25, 2017

Dear friends, I'd like to share this portable version of the popular freeware Olifant TMX translation memory editor.

The benefits of Olifant:

Uses open-source TMX format
Advanced features compared to CAT tools (such as regex search)
Loads quickly; fast TM editing
Lean application and completely free

You can just package this portable version with a TMX file to view it on any computer without installation.
Follow this
... See more
Dear friends, I'd like to share this portable version of the popular freeware Olifant TMX translation memory editor.

The benefits of Olifant:

Uses open-source TMX format
Advanced features compared to CAT tools (such as regex search)
Loads quickly; fast TM editing
Lean application and completely free

You can just package this portable version with a TMX file to view it on any computer without installation.
Follow this blog post to download it:
https://noordertranslation.wordpress.com/2017/11/17/olifant-tmx-editor-portable-version/
Collapse

Mikhail Zavidin
Mikhail Zavidin
Local time: 13:29
English to Russian
+ ...
Unfortunately, it won't work on my laptop Windows 7/64 bit Nov 25, 2017

Which .net version it is generated for?
It is not starting. The debugger says “An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll,” it cannot find “sortkey.ntl” or its components at my laptop.

Any suggestions?

TIA

[Редактировалось 2017-11-25 11:00 GMT]

Emal Ghamsharick
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Compile the file on your system Nov 25, 2017

Thanks for trying it out!
You could do what I did on your system: I installed the regular desktop version of Olifant (linked in my blog post) & then used this tool: http://enigmaprotector.com/en/aboutvb.html
You just run it on the exe file of Olifant and you get a portable version.
Pls let me know if it works and post here if possible or send me a copy & I'll upload it.

Mikhail Zavidin
Mikhail Zavidin
Local time: 13:29
English to Russian
+ ...
Still the same error Nov 26, 2017

I have given it a try on my system after the compilation, but the same error occurs persistently. The application does not launch.

Emal Ghamsharick
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
? Nov 26, 2017

Then I don't know... You'll have to run the installed version I guess. Thanks for trying though and if anyone else encounters (or solves) this problem, please post here.

DamienR
DamienR
France
English to French
+ ...
Sorry but this file is marked by my antivirus (McAfee) as potentially unwanted software Nov 28, 2018

Again I'm sorry, it sounds like I'm accusing you of something but I know this could be a false flag (or it could come from that Enigma wrapper you used?).
So anyway I figured I might as well warn you (and people who could be interested in Olifant in a portable version like me) that when I scan the unzipped file you shared, it gets reported as "PUP-XCI-JJ", a "Potentially Unwanted Program" which I understand to mean it's not actually toxic (ie not a virus/trojan/keylogger/...).
I cou
... See more
Again I'm sorry, it sounds like I'm accusing you of something but I know this could be a false flag (or it could come from that Enigma wrapper you used?).
So anyway I figured I might as well warn you (and people who could be interested in Olifant in a portable version like me) that when I scan the unzipped file you shared, it gets reported as "PUP-XCI-JJ", a "Potentially Unwanted Program" which I understand to mean it's not actually toxic (ie not a virus/trojan/keylogger/...).
I couldn't find anything precise about PUP-XCI-JJ so again I *guess* it's not too dangerous, but you might not want to trust it with your precious TMX.
Maybe give Heartsome's TMX editor a go?
https://github.com/heartsome/tmxeditor8
It can be used as portable software too AFAIK.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Portable version of Olifant TMX editor - edit TMs on the go

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »