Termbase for Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor?
Thread poster: Ivan Rorick
Ivan Rorick
Ivan Rorick  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:45
Japanese to English
Oct 6, 2018

Hello all,

I am using Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor (hereinafter "TWXE"). Normally I use TRADOS, but I have to use TWXE for a huge project. I quite like it so far, but there is one feature from Trados that I relied on heavily to improve productivity that I can't seem to find in TWXE.

When using Trados, I accumulated huge termbases of words that occurred throughout the text, but not to help me remember their translations; instead, I used the termbases for the auto-
... See more
Hello all,

I am using Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor (hereinafter "TWXE"). Normally I use TRADOS, but I have to use TWXE for a huge project. I quite like it so far, but there is one feature from Trados that I relied on heavily to improve productivity that I can't seem to find in TWXE.

When using Trados, I accumulated huge termbases of words that occurred throughout the text, but not to help me remember their translations; instead, I used the termbases for the auto-suggest feature that would automatically enter terms rapidly based on the source segment text and matches from the termbase. All I had to do was hit the "Enter" key after typing the first letter of a term, and this would enter the term for me but with far fewer keystrokes.

This improved my productivity enormously, and probably spared me from having some sort of horrible repetitive stress injury. It would be nice to be able to type "a" and then hit the "Enter" key instead of having to retype "ablation device" in its entirety over and over and over...

Is something like this available for TWXE?

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Typing aid Oct 6, 2018

Not exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps of use:

https://www.sumitsoft.com/

Ivan Rorick

Ivan Rorick
United States
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Oct 6, 2018

Hans Lenting wrote:

This sounds perfect. I looked for something similar but could only find programs for web browsers. Thank you!

Ivan Rorick
United States
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Feedback... Oct 6, 2018

Hans Lenting wrote:

Mr. Lenting I have been using this for the past several hours and it has doubled my productivity. I'm not exaggerating. Thank you so much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase for Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »