Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:09
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Legal actions Feb 20, 2018

Didn't you check the BB before the first job?

I tried once to get about 800 Euro a German agency had not paid. Filled in all the papers, but it turned out the officials could do nothing, because at the door of the office there was a different name, not the one on my invoice. So I had to write it off as well as my additional expenses.
Perhaps you were a bit too eager, the person did not like being pressed. And we should not use the Blueboard as a thread. A month after the secon
... See more
Didn't you check the BB before the first job?

I tried once to get about 800 Euro a German agency had not paid. Filled in all the papers, but it turned out the officials could do nothing, because at the door of the office there was a different name, not the one on my invoice. So I had to write it off as well as my additional expenses.
Perhaps you were a bit too eager, the person did not like being pressed. And we should not use the Blueboard as a thread. A month after the second reminder, if no money has come, put a 1 at the BB. He will get the message.
But if he is the sort of persons who deliberately keeps us unpaid he will eventually be banned from proz.com.
Collapse

Inez Ulrich
Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:09
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
.... Feb 20, 2018

€ 800,- is a lot, I'm sorry this happened to you. I've read many stories from colleagues who lost even more due to such non-paying "companies".

As I said, no, I haven't checked the BB first, which I normally do. I'm sorry, but to say "may he didn't like to be pressed" is nonsense. If my clients don't have to abide by mutual agreements, why should we translators? Deadlines are unnecessary then, but for both parties! I have worked for the money, delivered in time and now he has to f
... See more
€ 800,- is a lot, I'm sorry this happened to you. I've read many stories from colleagues who lost even more due to such non-paying "companies".

As I said, no, I haven't checked the BB first, which I normally do. I'm sorry, but to say "may he didn't like to be pressed" is nonsense. If my clients don't have to abide by mutual agreements, why should we translators? Deadlines are unnecessary then, but for both parties! I have worked for the money, delivered in time and now he has to fulfill his part of the agreement. How can you say it is okay for him to act like this because he might not have liked being pressed? Payment within 8 days was agreed and this is what he has to abide by this agreement, it is as simple as that. I certainly don't wait 1 month before I take action.
Collapse

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 20, 2018

it is getting better....now all his emails from the last days have disappeared in my email account. Is that possible at all? Anyway, I have printed out mine and his emails since the first job, so I have every word he has written so far.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:09
German to Turkish
+ ...
hack? Feb 20, 2018

Inez Ulrich wrote:

it is getting better....now all his emails from the last days have disappeared in my email account. Is that possible at all? Anyway, I have printed out mine and his emails since the first job, so I have every word he has written so far.

Unless he has your login information or access to your computer via teamviewer or similar programs, the only way I can think of is hacking.

This guy has obviously some serious problems, but it seems that he has some VERY serious problems. I would have taken legal action immediately, if possible.

Elif

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 20, 2018

I have asked my email provider about it but still have to wait for their answer. I always thought that it isn't possible deleting emails that have been sent and read. I hope this is just some accidental issue, but it is indeed weird and if he really is involved in this then it is much worse than I have thought. I'm only glad I have the complete correspondence.

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Oh yes 3000 here, in 2005 Feb 20, 2018

Inez Ulrich wrote:

Lesson learned now.

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
awful Feb 20, 2018

I'm very sorry you had to experience this. Unimaginable what some people are doing to others. We all have mouths to feed, at least our own, and bills to pay. And when I see that there are agencies and clients out there who do this on a regular basis, I can't understand how they can look in the mirror every morning.

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Terrible Feb 20, 2018

I'm sorry for what you had to go through. I don't want to play the nationality card, but since that guy did, may I know what country he comes from that he dares to make such awful comments?

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 20, 2018

France

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
and today...... Feb 20, 2018

... a very positive feedback from a translator on TC's Hall of Fame and Shame. It is a new user there I guess this man is getting desparate now and tries to build a new reputation.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:09
German to Turkish
+ ...
Would you keep us updated? Feb 20, 2018

Inez Ulrich wrote:

I have asked my email provider about it but still have to wait for their answer.

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes Feb 20, 2018

yes, I'm pretty much concerned about this. Can it be coincidence that only those emails with his insults have disappeared? I hope there is some other reason for this, cause this would be...I don't even know how I would call sth like this.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Could be worse, Inez ... Feb 20, 2018

... you could be living with him. Think what somebody else has to put up with when he rolls back home for dinner, tired and emotional after a bottle of Ricard.

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
lol Feb 20, 2018

that is something that couldn't happen to me!! He wouldn't have much fun with me, I guess

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Exactely. Feb 20, 2018

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

... you could be living with him. Think what somebody else has to put up with when he rolls back home for dinner, tired and emotional after a bottle of Ricard.

I was just thinking the guy sounds drunk or intoxicated.

OP, this is on an extreme end. I still suggest you somehow cool it off, for your own sake. Don't let him get the best of you by engaging too much.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Abusive exchange with a translation company

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »