How to insert glossary hits from the glossary window into the translation
Thread poster: coldspring81
Jan 3, 2018

This is probably a very basic function, and from the brief video tutorial on the website it's Ctrl-Space to pop up the auto-completer. This doesn't work for me because this shortcut calls out the IME on my system. So I changed it to Ctrl-G but still nothing happens when I press the shortcut. Can someone please help? Thanks.

adrwshn

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:17
English to French
+ ...
Use automatic popup Jan 3, 2018

coldspring81 wrote:
This is probably a very basic function, and from the brief video tutorial on the website it's Ctrl-Space to pop up the auto-completer. This doesn't work for me because this shortcut calls out the IME on my system.

Instead of using Ctrl+Space, you can have the popup to open automatically. Options > Preferences > Auto-Completion > Show relevant suggestions automatically.

So I changed it to Ctrl-G but still nothing happens when I press the shortcut.

Did you follow the instructions here?
https://sourceforge.net/p/omegat/feature-requests/1311/

Didier

adrwshn
adrwshn
China
A workaround Jan 3, 2022

After hours of trial and error, I'm posting a workaround to help others
1. I don't think the "insert glossary hits shortcut", i.e. Ctrl + Space can be customized with the settings applied by other shortcuts.
2. IME, especially Microsoft Pinyin, has a gross bug of grabbing the shortcut without (fixed in 20H?)
All you can do is to grab back the Ctrl + Space shortcut by using Autohotkey.

^Space::ControlSend, , ^{Space},A

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to insert glossary hits from the glossary window into the translation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »