Thread poster: Axel Kirch
Axel Kirch
Axel Kirch
Taiwan
Local time: 23:19
Chinese to German
+ ...
Feb 1, 2018

Hi, I installed OmegaT 3.6.0 via homebrew on macOS 10.13.3 and tried importing a TXML-file containing a partially completed translation which was exported from Wordfast Anywhere. All the source segments whose target segment isn't empty are displayed in the target language while those segments that haven't been translated yet are displayed in the source language. I opened the TXML-file in a viewer and all the source segments are there. What might I be doing wrong?

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:19
English to French
+ ...
Use the Okapi plugin Feb 1, 2018

Axel Kirch wrote:
Hi, I installed OmegaT 3.6.0 via homebrew on macOS 10.13.3 and tried importing a TXML-file containing a partially completed translation which was exported from Wordfast Anywhere. All the source segments whose target segment isn't empty are displayed in the target language while those segments that haven't been translated yet are displayed in the source language. I opened the TXML-file in a viewer and all the source segments are there. What might I be doing wrong?

The native OmegaT TXML filter only works for untranslated files where source=target.

To translate partially translated TXML files in OmegaT, install the Okapi Filters Plugin for OmegaT:
https://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=Okapi_Filters_Plugin_for_OmegaT

Didier

Axel Kirch
Axel Kirch
Taiwan
Local time: 23:19
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Okapi plugin produces error message Feb 2, 2018

Hello and thank you. I forgot to mention that I tried that as well and kept getting this error message:

Unable to read project file! java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibm.icu.util.ULocale.toLanguageTag()Ljava/lang/String;

[Edited at 2018-02-02 16:19 GMT]

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:19
English to French
+ ...
Use OmegaT 4 Feb 4, 2018

Axel Kirch wrote:

Hello and thank you. I forgot to mention that I tried that as well and kept getting this error message:

Unable to read project file! java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibm.icu.util.ULocale.toLanguageTag()Ljava/lang/String;

[Edited at 2018-02-02 16:19 GMT]

It's a compatibility issue.
You can either use an older version of the Okapi plugin or, more simply, use OmegaT 4.

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Source segments imported from TXML-file are displayed in target language

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »