Cant' add comments and existing comments are gone
Thread poster: k-vat
k-vat
k-vat
Japan
May 7, 2018

Hi,
I'm new to this forum as well as OmegaT.

I've been using OmegaT_3.6.0_08_Mac_Signed for a couple of weeks. Since restarting my computer (a Mac) this morning, I can't type into the comments window anymore. Not only that, comments in existing projects are all gone. I've downloaded and installed the most recent version (OmegaT_3.6.0_09_Mac_Signed) but it didn't help. I'd appreciate any help!

[Edited at 2018-05-07 00:24 GMT]

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:33
English to French
+ ...
Comments or notes May 7, 2018

k-vat wrote:
I've been using OmegaT_3.6.0_08_Mac_Signed for a couple of weeks. Since restarting my computer (a Mac) this morning, I can't type into the comments window anymore. Not only that, comments in existing projects are all gone. I've downloaded and installed the most recent version (OmegaT_3.6.0_09_Mac_Signed) but it didn't help. I'd appreciate any help!
[Edited at 2018-05-07 00:24 GMT]

In OmegaT, there are comments and notes.

It is not possible to type into the Comments pane, since they are provided by the source documents.

On the contrary, the user can add notes in the Notes pane.

Are you sure you trying to add "comments" in the Notes pane?

To see whether some segments have notes, you can use View > Mark Segments with Notes, and you can find them with Next Note and Previous Note.

Didier

k-vat
k-vat
Japan
TOPIC STARTER
Doh! May 7, 2018

I feel like I'm stupid...wait, I guess I am stupid. Thanks for solving my "problem," Didier.

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:33
English to French
+ ...
Comments or notes May 7, 2018

k-vat wrote:
I feel like I'm stupid...wait, I guess I am stupid. Thanks for solving my "problem," Didier.

Don't feel bad.

At first, guessing which is which is not obvious.
http://omegat.sourceforge.net/manual-standard/en/chapter.user.interface.html#other.windows

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Cant' add comments and existing comments are gone

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »