Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you work "overtime" (i.e. more than 9-6 Monday to Friday)?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Chié_JP
Chié_JP
Japan
Local time: 13:40
Member (2013)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Hostilie question? Jul 12, 2019

I do not know why but I find this question slightly hostile one.

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:40
German to English
+ ...
flexible hours as choice (I freelance) Jul 12, 2019

I don't even like 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and I'm not that much enamoured by Mon.to Fri. Supposing someone is a night owl and likes to work 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., watch the sun rise and then doze off to the sound of morning birds. (I'm not that person - this is hypothetical. ) Has that person worked "overtime"? Supposing that person works from noon to 2:00 p.m., which are not his regular (chosen) hours - is that "overtime"?... See more
I don't even like 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and I'm not that much enamoured by Mon.to Fri. Supposing someone is a night owl and likes to work 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., watch the sun rise and then doze off to the sound of morning birds. (I'm not that person - this is hypothetical. ) Has that person worked "overtime"? Supposing that person works from noon to 2:00 p.m., which are not his regular (chosen) hours - is that "overtime"?

Those of us who freelance are not in that kind of framework. We may have days where work consists of less than 8 hours - maybe much less - and other days where it's a lot more. At all times, we have choices. We're not locked into any system.
Collapse

Elizabeth Tamblin
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Philip Lees

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:40
French to English
no you're not Jul 13, 2019

Lincoln Hui wrote:

It's 12:03am.

I'm working.

you're sneaking a quick Proz break! You're lucky you don't have a boss or someone might rat on you!!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you work "overtime" (i.e. more than 9-6 Monday to Friday)?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »