Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:26
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jan 15, 2021

Could someone tell me where the logout button is, or any other way I can log out? This is very URGENT as I am not on my computer and anyone who comes along to this same computer and knows about ProZ could enter my profile and even change my data. This is VERY serious.

Why on Earth does ProZ not have a logout button, or an EASY way I can log out from the system?

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:26
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Logout button Jan 15, 2021

For me, the logout button is an arrow pointing right on the upper right of the page. Hovering the mouse over it you'll see the text "Logout".

HTH, Uldis

Capture

[Edited at 2021-01-15 17:55 GMT]

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Yolanda Broad
Morano El-Kholy

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:26
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
@Paul Jan 15, 2021

Arrow pointing right in the right upper corner.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Yolanda Broad

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:26
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Paul Jan 15, 2021

Paul Dixon wrote:
I am not on my computer and anyone who comes along to this same computer and knows about ProZ.com could enter my profile and even change my data.

I confirm that the logout "button" is the one pointed out by Uldis, although I must confess I have never noticed it before. Mystery meat navigation.

Anyway, if you find yourself on such a public computer again, try using a private browsing tab. For Firefox, it's Shift+Ctrl+P. For Chrome and Vivaldi, it's Shift+Ctrl+N. Private browsing tabs don't "remember" cookies, cache or history. You can then log in to ProZ.com using a private browsing tab, and when you close the browser, it forgets the login entirely.

Christel Zipfel

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:26
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Jan 16, 2021

OK. I have just noticed the arrow. Hadn't noticed it before either.

Fortunately the computer I used was indoors and in Brazil very few common people, if any, will have heard of ProZ. Not going to say where the computer is, but it is in a small cybercafé with only three computers, in a place where few people go.

But the question remains. Why doesn't ProZ have an easily identifiable logout tab? In the good old days I remember a link clearly writtem 'Log Out', on the line
... See more
OK. I have just noticed the arrow. Hadn't noticed it before either.

Fortunately the computer I used was indoors and in Brazil very few common people, if any, will have heard of ProZ. Not going to say where the computer is, but it is in a small cybercafé with only three computers, in a place where few people go.

But the question remains. Why doesn't ProZ have an easily identifiable logout tab? In the good old days I remember a link clearly writtem 'Log Out', on the line where the date, etc are, no need to hunt for arrows or anything.

Thank you to all who have contributed.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Logout button - why?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »