Thread poster: Michael Alger
Lucía Vázquez Sevilla
Lucía Vázquez Sevilla
Spain
Local time: 05:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you from me too! Jan 27, 2019

It happened to me today with Trados Studio 2015. I panicked when I could not edit any file in any project. I would have never guessed the solution was so simple, thank you very much!

Krystal Jones
Krystal Jones  Identity Verified
United States
French to English
+ ...
Thank you! Mar 26, 2019

Years later and your reply has helped me out a lot. It was a life saver since I am finding Trados 2019 an absolute nightmare and wanted to be able to use my trusty old 2011 version but I kept getting that annoying error message. What a relief that I found your post!

Thanks again.

[Edited at 2019-03-26 13:52 GMT]

Jana Doleželová
Jana Doleželová  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Thank you! Jun 10, 2019

Worked like a charm!

Michael Kazakov
Michael Kazakov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:13
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you Matheus Nov 3, 2021

Thank you Matheus!

Matheus Chaud wrote:

I had the same problem in Trados 2019, but mine wasn't so simple - just closing and reopening didn't solve the issue.

This was after I formatted my notebook and installed Trados. I had problems with template location - I've changed folders after formatting.

In case someone has the same problem, go to File -> Setup -> Project templates and update the information there, so that all templates are in the correct folders (remove current templates and import the files with the correct location).

[Edited at 2019-01-07 17:06 GMT]

I had this exact problem with a fresh Trados 2019 installation on a newly formatted Windows 11 computer. Your suggestion worked perfectly. I can now create new projects and it works as intended.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error occurred while trying to determine the file version

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »