Thread poster: pmones
pmones
pmones  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:51
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
Nov 21, 2017

Hi, when I press "Ctrl+C" in a line with tags, Trados inserts the tags into the target segment and not the selected text, focing me to select the text again and press the right bottom and select "Copy - Ctrl+C" in the list that appears.

I have experienced this with all Trados versions since Trados 2009 to Trados 2015, in every OS from Windows XP to Windows 10.

Any suggestions? Thanking you in advance.

Pablo

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:51
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
More details Dec 10, 2017

Hi Pablo,

I think the reason there haven't been any replies to your question might be that this is not a common occurrence. Can you give us a bit more info? Do you mean that you select text in the source part of the segment, press Ctrl+C, then place your cursor in the target, press Ctrl+V and only the tags get pasted, but not the text?

If so, the only reason I can think of for this happening is a customized shortcut for QuickPlace, but it would be unusual for a custom s
... See more
Hi Pablo,

I think the reason there haven't been any replies to your question might be that this is not a common occurrence. Can you give us a bit more info? Do you mean that you select text in the source part of the segment, press Ctrl+C, then place your cursor in the target, press Ctrl+V and only the tags get pasted, but not the text?

If so, the only reason I can think of for this happening is a customized shortcut for QuickPlace, but it would be unusual for a custom shortcut to overtake the Windows-wide Ctrl+C shortcut, unless you used something like AutoHotkey to set it up, maybe.
Collapse

pmones
pmones  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:51
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Just like you say, no custom shortcuts Dec 10, 2017

Hi, Nora, thank you for your answer.

It is exactly as you say: I select the text, press "Ctrl+C" and when I press "Ctr+V" it pastes the tags.

I think the problem is not due to any custom shortcuts, as I do not have any one in any of the different PCs, Windows versions or Trados versions (starting from Trados 2009). The only thing that may explain that is "karma", but I think it is a very unlikely explanation.

Best regards.

Pablo

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:51
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very odd Dec 10, 2017

That's definitely very odd Pablo, and I imagine, also very frustrating.

If there are no custom shortcuts causing this behavior, I think you can reverse it by doing exactly that: using AutoHotkey to assign the regular "copy to clipboard" behavior to Ctrl+C.

I would also suggest asking your original question in the SDL Community. There are a lot of computer and programming experts there who might be able to figure out what's going on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ctrl+C copies tags, not text

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »