Thread poster: Teresa Woischiski
Teresa Woischiski
Teresa Woischiski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:12
English to German
+ ...
May 22, 2018

I am working on a project with about 15 000 words with a lot of TMs and TBs included and many tags.

Trados freezes after almost every segment now, when half done with the project. Worked fine at the beginning. Now impossible to work!

Anyone who can help me with that?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:12
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Why many TMs? May 23, 2018

Is it necessary to have many TMs and TBs? Could you try and combine them into one each and look if it helps.
If the source is a Word-file, you could clean the file first and get rid of most of t
... See more
Is it necessary to have many TMs and TBs? Could you try and combine them into one each and look if it helps.
If the source is a Word-file, you could clean the file first and get rid of most of the tags.

https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/221198-need_help_in_removing_useless_tags_from_word_document.html
Collapse

peterthegerman
peterthegerman  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:12
Member (2015)
English to German
+ ...
Stop updating Jun 11, 2018

Just had the same problem today. 15,000 words with a big TM. Trados 2017, SSD, i7, 12 Giga Ram - no chance: When two third were done I was always waiting for Trados before I could continue. Boring and time wasting. It always happened when I confirmed a segment. Finally I did not confirm field by field. I filled in all fields without ctrl-enter and afterward I selected all fields with a right mouse click and changed the segment status of many fields at once - and left for a cup of coffee. Well no... See more
Just had the same problem today. 15,000 words with a big TM. Trados 2017, SSD, i7, 12 Giga Ram - no chance: When two third were done I was always waiting for Trados before I could continue. Boring and time wasting. It always happened when I confirmed a segment. Finally I did not confirm field by field. I filled in all fields without ctrl-enter and afterward I selected all fields with a right mouse click and changed the segment status of many fields at once - and left for a cup of coffee. Well not effective with a lot of repetitions but when 2/3 is already done most repetitions should be done as well.Collapse

peterthegerman
peterthegerman  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:12
Member (2015)
English to German
+ ...
MemoQ the same problem Jun 11, 2018

By the way it is the same with MemoQ and happens even earlier. While Trados crashes sometimes but not too often. Maybe I must change the memory (8 Giga and 4 Giga might not be the best combination) or I buy a faster computer. But none idea whether that will help. I have a slightly older one with the same configuration only i7 4th generation. Makes no difference.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015 freezes all the time, even after restart of Trados or PC

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »