Reinstalled Trados 2017 after it vanished after failed update, now cannot use my TMs
Thread poster: Sonja Allen
Sonja Allen
Sonja Allen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:55
English to German
+ ...
Dec 13, 2018

I had the same problem like many other members in this forum that I accepted the latest update from Trados today and then after clicking away the error message, Trados vanished completely from my computer. I then downloaded it again from my SDL account and got it to work again, but now my projects do not connect to my TMs. Trados shows my TM but the translation result window just shows "Searching...." permanently and when I use the concordance search I get the error message: "Concordance search ... See more
I had the same problem like many other members in this forum that I accepted the latest update from Trados today and then after clicking away the error message, Trados vanished completely from my computer. I then downloaded it again from my SDL account and got it to work again, but now my projects do not connect to my TMs. Trados shows my TM but the translation result window just shows "Searching...." permanently and when I use the concordance search I get the error message: "Concordance search failed: the type inititializer for SDL.translationStudio.plugins.WorldserverTranslationProvider.API.WorldserverTranslationProvider..." (the remainder is not readable)
Please help. This is driving me mad.....
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:55
English to Russian
Upgrade TM? Dec 13, 2018

After the software update, I can see a little orange triangle (like warning sign) on my TMs prompting that I should upgrade my TM for better performance blah-blah-blah. Although my TMs still work as expected, but maybe such TM upgrade will help you. You can upgrade them directly in your current project: Project Settings - Language Pairs - All Language Pairs - TM and AT.

[Edited at 2018-12-13 16:30 GMT]

Adam Warren

Sonja Allen
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Updating did not help Dec 13, 2018

Thanks. I tried updating but unfortunately it did not help. I have also a TM on Groupshare which I cannot access and I would have no authority to update this one.
I have also tried all sorts of other things like the repair feature and switching the computer on and off but to no avail. Normally I would just restore my computer to a previous date to undo the unfortunate Trados update but for some reason I have no earlier restore points on this PC which I very rarely use so I was never aware
... See more
Thanks. I tried updating but unfortunately it did not help. I have also a TM on Groupshare which I cannot access and I would have no authority to update this one.
I have also tried all sorts of other things like the repair feature and switching the computer on and off but to no avail. Normally I would just restore my computer to a previous date to undo the unfortunate Trados update but for some reason I have no earlier restore points on this PC which I very rarely use so I was never aware of it.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:55
English to Russian
But did you try lucyna duleba's suggestion? Dec 13, 2018

Maybe you should try it even though you installed Trados from their site?
Rename the “Telemetrics” folder, launch SR1_44620.exe installer from “Temporary” - “studio5Updates”, etc.

Sonja Allen

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:55
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Select TM in Project Settings Dec 13, 2018

Have you tried selecting the TMs again in Project Settings?

Adam Warren

Sonja Allen
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Dec 13, 2018

I took my computer back to before the reinstalling from the website and then followed the steps that were described in lucyna dulebas post. Everything is now working again.
Thanks to everyone for their help.

euge bellini
euge bellini  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 11:55
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same issue, but can't install again Dec 21, 2018

Hi there! I just installed the update today and Trados 2017 vanished.
The thing is, when I tried to re-install it, I can't because a message tells me I already have a higher version on my computer, and I should uninstall it. BUT, I can't find that higher version anywhere.
Does somebody know how to uninstall the update or similar workaround?

Trados updates always come with some nasty issues. Hope technical support can help.

Thanks in advance,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reinstalled Trados 2017 after it vanished after failed update, now cannot use my TMs

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »