Thread poster: Dorothy Smith
Dorothy Smith
Dorothy Smith  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:32
French to English
+ ...
Jul 1, 2018

I have compiled short and sweet, no-nonsense advice every freelance linguist should have in their toolkit of service offerings, which could be particularly beneficial when generating income during lean times. Check it out at https://ultimatesidehustle.net. Cheers! ~Dorothy

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:32
German to English
+ ...
I got a warning pop-up Jul 7, 2018

When I clicked on the link I received a warning that my data was not safe. I went back without reading it.
However, I'm curious about the title. I don't feel much as though I were working in a "gig economy".

Dorothy Smith
Dorothy Smith  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:32
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very strange. Would you care to post a screenshot of the pop up? Jul 9, 2018

Maxi Schwarz wrote:

When I clicked on the link I received a warning that my data was not safe. I went back without reading it.
However, I'm curious about the title. I don't feel much as though I were working in a "gig economy".

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson
Spain
Local time: 16:32
Catalan to English
+ ...
x 2 Jul 9, 2018

Also got a potential security breach alert.

I can't claim to understand the message but the site would seem to be incorrectly configured.

Thomas Pfann
Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:32
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Link works when corrected Jul 10, 2018

The problem is the period at the end of the URL (... .net.) – it should not be part of the URL. When you delete the period the link will work.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 16:32
English to German
Trustworthy websites should look differently Jul 12, 2018

An anonymous website (no address, no legal notice, no nothing) that asks people to enter their e-mail addresses upfront if they want to know what kind of product or service is offered. Hmm.

BTW, the targeted audience includes people in the European Community, and thus the site violates the EUDataP regulation. https://www.iitr.us/eudatap/3.html

Christopher Schröder

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resource: How to diversify service offerings in the new gig economy

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »