Tópico cartaz: Michael Mestre
Michael Mestre
Michael Mestre
França
Local time: 10:34
inglês para francês
+ ...
Oct 14, 2012

I was wondering if there was a simple way to convert a (plain-text) OmegaT glossary file to an SDL Multiterm format ?
(please note that I own Multiterm 5.5, which can apparently only import plain-text files).

I thought that it was enough to try and import the OmegaT glossary file in multiterm directly, but this failed.
What is the solution to this problem ? Shall I try and convert my glossary file to a CSV format first ?

Thank you !

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
França
Local time: 10:34
inglês para francês
+ ...
OmegaT glossaries are TSV Oct 15, 2012

Michael Mestre wrote:

I was wondering if there was a simple way to convert a (plain-text) OmegaT glossary file to an SDL Multiterm format ?
(please note that I own Multiterm 5.5, which can apparently only import plain-text files).

OmegaT glossaries are plain-text files.

I thought that it was enough to try and import the OmegaT glossary file in multiterm directly, but this failed.
What is the solution to this problem ?

You might have more luck in a Trados support forum.

Shall I try and convert my glossary file to a CSV format first ?

If the OmegaT glossary was created directly from OmegaT, it is in a tab separated value format, which is rather trivial to convert to CSV, using OpenOffice or Excel. Otherwise, the glossary can be already in CSV.

Didier

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
Membro (2006)
inglês para russo
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try converting to UTF-16 Oct 15, 2012

Michael Mestre wrote:

Can it? Then you definitely should refer to the user manual for details or ask in the Trados support forum. You know, we here deal with OmegaT issues mainly, not with bugs of other programs. The only wild guess is that MT does not import text files in UTF-8. Try saving the glossary to UTF-16LE.

Não há um moderador designado especificamente para este fórum.
Para reportar violações às regras do site ou para obter ajuda, favor contatar a equipe do site »

Converting OmegaT glossary file to Multiterm format

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »