Thread poster: Zahra Hedayati
Zahra Hedayati
Zahra Hedayati  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:06
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Feb 22

Hi everyone!
I am currently doing research on the effect artificial intelligence is having on the translation industry, and I would be forever grateful if you could take part in a short survey to help me gather data.
If you are a professional translator, interpreter, or subtitler, I would appreciate it if you could spend 10 minutes fill
... See more
Hi everyone!
I am currently doing research on the effect artificial intelligence is having on the translation industry, and I would be forever grateful if you could take part in a short survey to help me gather data.
If you are a professional translator, interpreter, or subtitler, I would appreciate it if you could spend 10 minutes filling out the below survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeau0yUmAO-g_SIkN1CfgqhS_xT8J3sioFTs310aSh1nCtj0Q/viewform
This is a project I am very passionate about, so hopefully, I will be able to get answers with your help.
Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Unclear Feb 22

I started completing it but wasn't sure what you mean when you say "AI". When you say AI, are you including MT within it?

Zahra Hedayati
Zea_Mays

Zahra Hedayati
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your feedback Feb 22

Christopher Schröder wrote:

I started completing it but wasn't sure what you mean when you say "AI". When you say AI, are you including MT within it?

Hi Christopher!
Thank you very much for your reply. I'll make sure to add a definition in later phases.
The focus is more on AI tools and AI-based MT (such as Google Translate), but any work you have had to do where a machine translated something first would also be included.

Thank you for your time.

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:06
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
MT is not always AI-assisted Feb 22

I think this needs some clarification. MT often is just based on previous translations without any use of AI.

Zahra Hedayati
Jorge Payan

Zahra Hedayati
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your feedback Feb 22

Zea_Mays wrote:

I think this needs some clarification. MT often is just based on previous translations without any use of AI.

Hi, Zea.

Thank you very much for your reply and feedback.
I would say for the purposes of this project, any non-human translation you have been asked to work on would count, however, the focus is more on AI-based projects and AI-based tools. I hope this clarifies it enough for you to be able to complete the survey.
As this is more of a pilot study, your feedback helps, and I will make sure to add more clarification and explanation in the next phases.
Thank you!

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:06
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
You will be appreciated Feb 23

Zahra Hedayati wrote:
I would say for the purposes of this project, any non-human translation you have been asked to work on would count, however, the focus is more on AI-based projects and AI-based tools.

You will be appreciated if you could let the people here (i.e., your potential respondents) know what purpose you are exactly fulfilling by conducting the survey.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How is AI changing the translation industry? | Survey

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »