Türkiye
Local time: 09:08
Member (2023)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Feb 22

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am currently working on my Master's thesis at the University of Essex on the topic of threat modeling in micro businesses, and if you have a legally established business that falls under the EU definition of "micro business", I would greatly appreciate your valuable insight and experience in this area. To be more specific, a micro business is a subset of small businesses that

- Employ less than 10 peopl
... See more
Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am currently working on my Master's thesis at the University of Essex on the topic of threat modeling in micro businesses, and if you have a legally established business that falls under the EU definition of "micro business", I would greatly appreciate your valuable insight and experience in this area. To be more specific, a micro business is a subset of small businesses that

- Employ less than 10 people,
- Have a turnover of less than 2 million Euros.

For example, if you are a translator who runs your own business (as a sole proprietorship or "solopreneurship"), or if you have a small translation agency that meets the above criteria, you can help me.

I have prepared a questionnaire that aims to understand the challenges and strategies that micro businesses use in threat modeling. Your participation (as a business owner or manager) would be extremely helpful in increasing the understanding of this important issue and potentially contributing to the development of effective solutions for micro businesses.

The questionnaire will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and can be accessed via the following link: https://forms.gle/Sh1CbTSwXfQoqvaD8

You will also find additional information and the privacy statement at the beginning of the questionnaire. If you do not wish to participate, you can simply ignore this message, or you can simply discard the questionnaire at any time before submitting your answers.

Please note that the research has been ethically approved by the University of Essex and we will not be collecting any personally identifiable information.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and sorry to have taken up your time if you are not interested.

Best regards,

Etkin Getir
Collapse

Tanya Quintieri

Tanya Quintieri
Tanya Quintieri
Local time: 08:08
SITE STAFF
Done Feb 22

All the best with your project.

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
It would be nice to be able to see all questions before starting to answer. Feb 23

Maybe there's a mandatory Q on page 17 that I'd prefer not to answer?!

Just a thought/suggestion.

Etkin Getir
Etkin Getir  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2023)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 23

Tanya Quintieri wrote:

All the best with your project.

Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated!

Etkin Getir
Etkin Getir  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2023)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the suggestion Feb 23

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:

Maybe there's a mandatory Q on page 17 that I'd prefer not to answer?!

Just a thought/suggestion.

Hi Cilian,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I will definitely keep it in mind for the follow-up questionnaire and try to give the potential respondents an overview of the questionnaire.

Regarding the mandatory question the last page (email address): The idea here is that if the respondent wishes to participate in the follow-up survey, the email address is mandatory because this is the only way that I can reach out to them. Since the participation to the follow-up questionnaire is not mandatory, in essence, this question is not mandatory either.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback!

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Hi Etkin Feb 24

Etkin Getir wrote:

Regarding the mandatory question on the last page (email address)...

Actually, I didn't get past the first page of questions because they are all mandatory/asterisked so I assumed the Qs on the remaining 14 pages would mostly be too.

P.S. I wouldn't have a problem with sharing my email address.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ask for help with my research project

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »