Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:23
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Apr 29, 2022

Hello,

I am not sure to be in the right place here for this question, but I found no dedicated forum on LinkedIn or the use of social media.

I have created a company profile in LinkedIn, after which a lot of people affiliated to it. Beside of the fact that such impostors are not welcome, I also get a lot of hardly understandable calls (bad line and strong accent) from cheap translation companies in India or such who believe that I am a big company and that they are goin
... See more
Hello,

I am not sure to be in the right place here for this question, but I found no dedicated forum on LinkedIn or the use of social media.

I have created a company profile in LinkedIn, after which a lot of people affiliated to it. Beside of the fact that such impostors are not welcome, I also get a lot of hardly understandable calls (bad line and strong accent) from cheap translation companies in India or such who believe that I am a big company and that they are going to make big business with me.

I cannot make out how to manage my "employees" and throw out all those impostors. Also, I find incredible that anybody can affiliate to a company in LinkedIn without any confirmation from a manager of the company page. I cannot find any hint in the LinkedIn "Help" on this and they don't provide any possibility of a human contact to solve personal cases.

Has somebody here a hint to give on how to solve this?

Many thanks in advance.

Geneviève
Collapse

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:23
English to French
+ ...
Privacy Apr 29, 2022

Geneviève Granger wrote:

Hello,

I have created a company profile in LinkedIn, after which a lot of people affiliated to it. Beside of the fact that such impostors are not welcome, I also get a lot of hardly understandable calls (bad line and strong accent) from cheap translation companies in India or such who believe that I am a big company and that they are going to make big business with me.

Has somebody here a hint to give on how to solve this?

Many thanks in advance.

Geneviève

Hi, not fun....

Anyone can affiliate to a company (not good...) here's how to change that https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/a540867

I would suggest you spend a while configuring your privacy setup (not in the app, directly on the website). https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/66/managing-your-account-and-privacy-settings-overview?lang=en

Hope this helps

Geneviève Granger
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot, Apr 29, 2022

.... Philippe.

This is already very helpful and I am going to take the corresponding steps.

Have a nice weekend.
Geneviève.

Philippe Locquet

Geneviève Granger
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
269 people May 6, 2022

I finally found the way to display all my "employees". I have quite a lot of managers, directors, content writers, I have even a cook, a nurse, an guru and an "unqualified worker" (that last one is particularly helpful) !

Philippe Locquet
Eric Azevedo

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How? May 7, 2022

Geneviève Granger wrote:
I finally found the way to display all my "employees".

Can you tell us how?

Geneviève Granger
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very well hidden May 9, 2022

I am sorry: it is so well hidden that I cannot find it anymore. I am sure that I found (by chance) a link directly on the company's page, but the weekend has been enough to delete the memory of where exactly. I will post here again if I find it again.

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Hi Geneviève May 9, 2022

You can see your "employees" in the "people" tab of your company page.
https://www.linkedin.com/company/ji/people/
I guess the problem is that your company name is only two letters long and it must be a popular name in asia. Have you thought about taking down your company page and making a new one with a longer name?

Geneviève Granger
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Elena, May 9, 2022

Your link led only to my company page, where I still cannot find the link to the list of my "employees".

You are right: I chose a Chinese name (sometimes translated as "opportunity") which seems to be a "lucky" word there, since I have already been contacted by several companies in China asking if was a protected brand and if they could use the name. "ji" is also a polite form to address people in India and Japan, which would explain the guru. Making an adding to it is a good idea,
... See more
Your link led only to my company page, where I still cannot find the link to the list of my "employees".

You are right: I chose a Chinese name (sometimes translated as "opportunity") which seems to be a "lucky" word there, since I have already been contacted by several companies in China asking if was a protected brand and if they could use the name. "ji" is also a polite form to address people in India and Japan, which would explain the guru. Making an adding to it is a good idea, indeed, which I am going to do.
However, that doesn't explain some affiliations, like the German nurse, for example. I just can't imagine why such people would affiliate to a company they never had to do with, especially in such sectors.
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Scroll down May 9, 2022

If you scroll down, you'll see them. I don't think they did all did that on purpose, it could be that they indicated their company name as JI, and later on got automatically affiliated to your company by LinkedIn. I understand it is annoying for you. Hopefully you can solve this soon!
Have a good evening.
Elena

Geneviève Granger
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no link. May 10, 2022

I scan all the page and the link really does not appear. But, anyway, I saved the link of the page where I can see them. I remember that the link I found was rather at the beginning of the page, just under my banner.

Probably, it is like you say for some of them, but I cannot imagine why a German nurse or a guru should affiliate themselves to any "company". Some of them indicate only "Hi", "job" or "in charge" as their job, and these are really impostors that affiliate to random com
... See more
I scan all the page and the link really does not appear. But, anyway, I saved the link of the page where I can see them. I remember that the link I found was rather at the beginning of the page, just under my banner.

Probably, it is like you say for some of them, but I cannot imagine why a German nurse or a guru should affiliate themselves to any "company". Some of them indicate only "Hi", "job" or "in charge" as their job, and these are really impostors that affiliate to random companies, the motivation of it being quite obscure for me.
Collapse

Pepa Devesa
Pepa Devesa
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Got help from Linkedin May 16, 2022

I was just reading this thread because the same thing happened to me, only I used the LinkedIn help and it took a while, but they were able to remove all these alleged employees I had!
For Samuel, I could see them only by going to my page and then hit "view as member", but other people have provided useful solutions, so I will be checking the privacy settings so this does not happen again.
Thank you all for your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Managing company profile in LinkedIn

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »