Idiom Worldserver experts: Why is the TM so huge when working with large Idiom projects?
Thread poster: Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2013

I'm talking about a 800 MB TM!! I'm having some trouble dealing with a large Idiom project (not so big, actually, just about 15000 words), but the TM is huuuuuuuge! and it gets bigger and bigger... Right now I'm trying to open a new file which I'm supposed to edit. To do so, first thing I done was to load the existing TM for this project to this new project I’m,creating. Well, it's taking more than 30 minutes to import all TM entries... Any suggestions? TIA!

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 10:54
English to German
There are lots of possible brakes Nov 28, 2013

Cecilia Franetovich wrote:

Well, it's taking more than 30 minutes to import all TM entries... Any suggestions? TIA!

Your PC is too slow. Your PC needs more memory. Your harddisk wants defragmentation or is ill. Your antivirus software is the culprit. Your software continously transfers all the data to/from the cloud. Or ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiom Worldserver experts: Why is the TM so huge when working with large Idiom projects?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »