Which CAT-tools can open SDLXLIFF files?
Initiator des Themas: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hongkong
Local time: 14:21
Mitglied (2009)
Englisch > Schwedisch
+ ...
Jan 3, 2014

I have my SDL Trados Studio 2014 already setup with the five base languages, and am making an overview of past translation projects. But I can't check some terms I need to incorporate into this overview (I'm translating everything to my native language Swedish) because I didn't setup Studio with German now (which I have translated earlier).

So I need only any CAT-tool that I quickly can install and open my Studio SDLXLIFF file in
... See more

I have my SDL Trados Studio 2014 already setup with the five base languages, and am making an overview of past translation projects. But I can't check some terms I need to incorporate into this overview (I'm translating everything to my native language Swedish) because I didn't setup Studio with German now (which I have translated earlier).

So I need only any CAT-tool that I quickly can install and open my Studio SDLXLIFF file in so I can look up a few terms.

I tried in Wordfast Pro (demo mode), but it didn't find anything (I could open the SDLXLIFF).

Could Google Translator Kit work? Or any other CAT-tool that goes quick to install and works also in demo mode for searching a few terms?
Collapse

Charlotte Farrell
Charlotte Farrell  Identity Verified
Vereinigtes Königreich
Local time: 13:21
Mitglied (2013)
Deutsch > Englisch
+ ...
MemoQ Jan 3, 2014

You should be able to in MemoQ and there's a 45 day free trial available.

ghislandi
ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:21
Englisch > Italienisch
Info Jan 3, 2014

Hello Frederik,
there is a way in Studio to go back and change thelanguages...

You can only work with five languages. To change your language selection at a later point, return the license, uninstall and reinstall, then activate your license again. This will take you back to the language selection window

Regards
Massi

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spanien
Mitglied (2004)
Spanisch > Englisch
XBench Jan 3, 2014

Not a CAT tool, but...
XBench 3.0 opens SDLXLIFF files and you can search for terms there. By the way, XBench is also developing a very exciting Studio 2014 plug-in to increase search and QA capabilities seamlessly alongside Studio. I'm beta testing it at the moment, and it's changing the way I work!

You can get a 30-day demo of XBench. It gives you 30 days of use, not 30 calendar days, so you really have time to test it.
... See more
Not a CAT tool, but...
XBench 3.0 opens SDLXLIFF files and you can search for terms there. By the way, XBench is also developing a very exciting Studio 2014 plug-in to increase search and QA capabilities seamlessly alongside Studio. I'm beta testing it at the moment, and it's changing the way I work!

You can get a 30-day demo of XBench. It gives you 30 days of use, not 30 calendar days, so you really have time to test it.
http://www.xbench.net/
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkei
Local time: 15:21
Englisch > Türkisch
+ ...
almost all CAT tools Jan 3, 2014

Deja Vu X2, memoQ, CafeTran are just a few of them.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Deutschland
Italienisch > Deutsch
+ ...
Check the SDL Open Exchange tools... Jan 3, 2014

... maybe there is one that opens these files (mainly to perform some special things) ? If you own Studio you should have access to these files from your account.

Mike

P.S.... See more
... maybe there is one that opens these files (mainly to perform some special things) ? If you own Studio you should have access to these files from your account.

Mike

P.S.

SDLXLIFF Toolkit
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app-search.html?App%20Filter%20Options=&App%20Filter%20Options=&App%20Supported%20Software=&Sort=Most%20Recent&query=SDLXLIFF

[Edited at 2014-01-03 14:27 GMT]
Collapse

Tangopeter
Tangopeter

Englisch > Niederländisch
+ ...
SDL XLIff Converter for MS Office Jan 18, 2014

My weapon of choice, to convert sdlxliff to xls(x) and present source and target languages side by side in Excel in two columns.

Free SDL Open Exchange tool, fast and user friendly. And also usable with 'old' Studio versions!

... See more
My weapon of choice, to convert sdlxliff to xls(x) and present source and target languages side by side in Excel in two columns.

Free SDL Open Exchange tool, fast and user friendly. And also usable with 'old' Studio versions!

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app-search.html?App%20Filter%20Options=&App%20Filter%20Options=Free&App%20Supported%20Software=&App%20Supported%20Software=SDL%20Trados%20Studio%202009&Sort=Most%20Recent&query=SDL%20XLIFF%20converter%20for%20ms%20office
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »