English to French Translation Software.
Thread poster: robertneron
robertneron
robertneron
Local time: 12:29
Sep 14, 2015

I need to use a reliable translation software from English to French. Based on your personal experience, which software do you recommend? I would like a robust translation software to be also able to translate side by side.

Thanks.

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:29
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
translation software? Sep 14, 2015

I am not entirely sure what you mean by translation software, but if you are talking about CAT tools, they are not language-specific and can be compared, for instance, here:
http://www.proz.com/software-comparison-tool/cat/cat_tools/2
A blog post comparing CAT tools (that is, users' experiences with them) can be fo
... See more
I am not entirely sure what you mean by translation software, but if you are talking about CAT tools, they are not language-specific and can be compared, for instance, here:
http://www.proz.com/software-comparison-tool/cat/cat_tools/2
A blog post comparing CAT tools (that is, users' experiences with them) can be found here:
http://prozcomblog.com/2013/03/28/cat-tool-use-by-translators-what-are-they-using/

I am sure I have seen more posts asking for recommendations, but am not sure where to find them.
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:29
English to French
Or translation software? Sep 14, 2015

Could it mean machine translation software?
In which case a machine translation program will just be as reliable as what the machine is capable of and how you set it up. They may be great to weld metal sheets or crunch numbers, but may not be up to your expectations in terms in language quality.

There are specific forums named "Machine translation" for machine translation (like the online Google Translate tool) and "CAT tools" for Computer Assisted Translation tools (Trados, M
... See more
Could it mean machine translation software?
In which case a machine translation program will just be as reliable as what the machine is capable of and how you set it up. They may be great to weld metal sheets or crunch numbers, but may not be up to your expectations in terms in language quality.

There are specific forums named "Machine translation" for machine translation (like the online Google Translate tool) and "CAT tools" for Computer Assisted Translation tools (Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast, OmegaT, CafeTran, Fluency, Déjà Vu, etc.) where you can get an idea of what to expect from each.

Philippe
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English to French Translation Software.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »