Thread poster: gianghl1983
gianghl1983
gianghl1983
Vietnam
Local time: 21:17
English to Vietnamese
TOPIC STARTER
What do you mean about filter negatively? Sep 17, 2015

Note that it also allows you to filter negatively. Does this mean you can HIDE certain of content by filtering it?

Because, I followed your method and had to do some work as follow
+ Filter English Content
+ Copy - Paste into English TXT file
+ Search and Replace Tag (to delete all)
+ Same work for Vietnamese

However, if there is hiding function of EmEditor filter > no need Search - Replace step.

Michael Beijer wrote:

gianghl1983 wrote:

Michael Beijer wrote:

Extract every line from your file that contains "s id='vn" and save it as a new txt file. This is your Vietnamese half.

Extract every line from your file that contains "s id='en" and save it as a new txt file. This is your English half.

This can easily be done in EmEditor (using the Filter Toolbar).

Convert the two files into a tab-delimited txt file. There are many ways to do this. I have an EmEditor macro for this, but there is also a little tool in LF Aligner's "grab bag" (available on sourceforge) that can do this. Or just copy paste them both into a new file.

Then use e.g. the open source Heartsome TMX editor to convert this into a TMX (Tools > Convert to TMX).

Or, let me do it for you (for £30/hour)

[Edited at 2015-09-16 09:59 GMT]

Thank you all, I followed Michael Beijer method with EmEditor and I can easily extract text content separately into Vietnamese and English.

Many thanks!

Yes, that Filter Toolbar in EmEditor is priceless. Note that it also allows you to filter negatively. So much quicker and easier than messing around with Macros. The whole thing would take maybe 5 minutes in EmEditor.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to extract content from SGML to create TMX file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »