How do I repair/salvage... a corrupted MultiTerm 5 database?
Thread poster: Vincent MAELSTAF (X)
Vincent MAELSTAF (X)
Vincent MAELSTAF (X)
Local time: 01:19
English to French
Feb 14, 2003

Hi!

My MultiTerm5 database became corrupted -program freezes when creating index, and has WorkBench stop and insert a pair of curled brackets when I try to open a TU in the Word document- Is there any way to repair or export and import again in a blank MultiTerm like you do with corrupted TMs? I am not familiar with the export/import process with MultiTem 5 so I would really appreciate any feedback on this.

Many thanks in advance,

Vincent

pkb (X)
pkb (X)

Local time: 00:19
French to English
Send it to Trados support Feb 16, 2003

Vincent,

I see you haven\'t had a reply yet, so I will give you my solution.

Zip up the memory (all 6 or 7 files) and send it to [email protected] with a very polite message asking if they can sort it out. They usually send you back a txt file that you can import into a new memory within a couple of hours.

Good luck.

Philip

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I repair/salvage... a corrupted MultiTerm 5 database?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »