Andrea Torre  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:22
Member (2004)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 17, 2003

Hola a todos,

El texto que estoy traduciendo tiene pequeños recuadros con imágenes y después de abrir, traducir y cerrar el segmento con Trados dichos recuadros se vuelven gigantescos.

Es cierto que puedo reducirlos manualmente pero es un poco fastidioso porque... ¡¡¡tengo 25 archivos de este tipo y muy poco tiempo!!!

¿Alguien me puede ayudar? Pleeeease !

G
... See more
Hola a todos,

El texto que estoy traduciendo tiene pequeños recuadros con imágenes y después de abrir, traducir y cerrar el segmento con Trados dichos recuadros se vuelven gigantescos.

Es cierto que puedo reducirlos manualmente pero es un poco fastidioso porque... ¡¡¡tengo 25 archivos de este tipo y muy poco tiempo!!!

¿Alguien me puede ayudar? Pleeeease !

Gracias de antemano,

Andrea
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, I don´t understand Spanish enough to get your whole problem Feb 17, 2003

But it seems you have problems with Trados corrumping images in your document.

Usually Trados does not damage images, as long you do not clean the file in Workbench.

The other possibility is, that the images are not saved in the file, but there are only links to those images in the file. You should swithc off the auotomatic actualisation of links and fields on open and print a document.

When you get a file with a lot of formatting do not clean it with Wor
... See more
But it seems you have problems with Trados corrumping images in your document.

Usually Trados does not damage images, as long you do not clean the file in Workbench.

The other possibility is, that the images are not saved in the file, but there are only links to those images in the file. You should swithc off the auotomatic actualisation of links and fields on open and print a document.

When you get a file with a lot of formatting do not clean it with Workbench, but use a Word macro tw4winClean.Main (use Alt+F8 to get to macros, select this one and let it run). Then the document will be cleaned without converting to RTF and therefore the damage should be possibly small.

HTH

Jerzy
Collapse

Andrea Torre
Spain
Member (2004)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Jerzy Feb 18, 2003

Thank you for your answer !

I\'m going to explain you the whole problem.

I have a document with small images and when the text is processed with Trados, ie when I close the segment, they become gigantic.

I could resize then manually but I would spent hours as I have 25 files like this...

What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Are those images in one line with the text? Feb 18, 2003

If those images are in one line with the text, so I´m afraid that I can´t help you. I have encountered the same problem and found no solultion either.

Sorry

Jerzy

Andrea Torre
Spain
Member (2004)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I'm afraid Feb 18, 2003

they are in one line with the text....

Thank you very much anyway...

Regards,

Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ayuda: Trados modifica el tamaño de las imágenes

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »