UK. Can someone recommend a relieble domain name server?
Thread poster: Javier Herrera (X)
Javier Herrera (X)
Javier Herrera (X)
Spanish
Sep 19, 2005

Dear all,
I've had a bad domain name server for one year and I'll take the opportunity that the service will soon expire to buy it from someone else.
I've used my domain name in my email address, but sometimes messages took hours in getting to my inbox. You all know this can cause havoc! The problem is not with my ISP, since any message addressed to javier[at]ISP.com reaches me inmediately. The technical support proved useless.
Does anybody know a hassle-free British domain nam
... See more
Dear all,
I've had a bad domain name server for one year and I'll take the opportunity that the service will soon expire to buy it from someone else.
I've used my domain name in my email address, but sometimes messages took hours in getting to my inbox. You all know this can cause havoc! The problem is not with my ISP, since any message addressed to javier[at]ISP.com reaches me inmediately. The technical support proved useless.
Does anybody know a hassle-free British domain name server?
Regards,
Javier
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
what about ProZ? Sep 19, 2005

Hi Javier,

Why don't you transfer it to ProZ hosting?
I used to have Lycos, which support proved to be rubbish to say the least.
As soon as they took their precious time to release it (or do the transfer - I don't remember exactly what the steps were), Jason guided me to do the rest and in a couple of days I had everything up and running.

My 2p
Grace

[Edited at 2005-09-19 16:36]

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:31
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I am very happy with Proz.com hosting Sep 19, 2005

I have always had my domains with Proz.com hosting, and I am perfectly happy with it.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:31
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Proz hosting is free for platinum members Sep 20, 2005

So you'll save a lot of money by transfering your domain to ProZ.com. I have two domains running here, one is free, the other I pay a fixed sum for yearly.

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:31
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
34sp Sep 20, 2005

I use www.34sp.com

Excellent service, and very cheap.

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
French to English
Domainhost Sep 20, 2005

I use Domainhost www.domainhost.com

Excellent service and support; not so cheap, though.

Actually, if you don't want a full-fledged Web site, just e-mail at your domain name, they do have a cheap plan:

http://www.domainhost.com/product/email-plan.bml

Go
... See more
I use Domainhost www.domainhost.com

Excellent service and support; not so cheap, though.

Actually, if you don't want a full-fledged Web site, just e-mail at your domain name, they do have a cheap plan:

http://www.domainhost.com/product/email-plan.bml

Good luck!

Sara

[Edited at 2005-09-20 14:10]
Collapse

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
http://www.kencomp.net Sep 20, 2005

Hi Javier,

though not living in U.K. I'm using their free Netmeeting-server for quite a while now and judging from their service for this (fast and friendly answer to questions, filtering of "adult" users etc.) it seems that they are a very reliable company. Just have a look at their website, it's quite well structured and has a very eye-friendly character size (I know this has nothing to do with your question but IMO it's a sign of user-friendliness, so maybe they are good at other
... See more
Hi Javier,

though not living in U.K. I'm using their free Netmeeting-server for quite a while now and judging from their service for this (fast and friendly answer to questions, filtering of "adult" users etc.) it seems that they are a very reliable company. Just have a look at their website, it's quite well structured and has a very eye-friendly character size (I know this has nothing to do with your question but IMO it's a sign of user-friendliness, so maybe they are good at other things, too).

Charlotte
Collapse

Errenn (X)
Errenn (X)
English to German
Have a look at this one Mar 18, 2006

Try this one:

http://www.dyndns.com/

All the best to you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK. Can someone recommend a relieble domain name server?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »