Has anybody used WordBee for translations? How do you like it?
Thread poster: Didi18
Didi18
Didi18
United States
Local time: 16:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 7, 2022

I've noticed that more agencies are using WordBee for their translations. Has any of you guys used it? What do you think? Thanks.

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:15
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Exporting and importing May 7, 2022

I use it on and off, and I don't like it at all.
Wordbee's only useful functions are export of a file, translation of the file in your favorite CAT tool, importing of the translated file back in Wordbee and finalizing the work before submitting it to a client. That's about it.

Elena Doroshenko
Narcis Lozano Drago
AnnaSCHTR
Thomas Chen

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:15
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Asi Asi/ Pas mal May 9, 2022

It's okay, I only use it for the occasional back translation. It doesn't have a lot of functionalities but it's user friendly.

AnnaSCHTR
AnnaSCHTR  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:15
English to Czech
+ ...
Harmless May 11, 2022

Easy and seamless export-import. I work in Trados, so that is my only concern. Otherwise, as an online tool, WordBee is pretty simple, quick and inoffensive for very small projects. My only objection is an enormous number of false positives during the automated quality control, but it's not an issue for small files, and anything else is processed in Trados.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Has anybody used WordBee for translations? How do you like it?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »