Livia D'Amore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:41
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 24, 2023

Hi,
does anyone know how it comes that I cannot enter into my customer's server through Across desktop v8, but I have no problem with Acrossweb to do the same?
I installed Across again, loaded cap file again, but I always get the message "Invalid user name o password", though they are correct.

Thank you in advance for letting me know.

Livia

Aurélien ARPAZ
Aurélien ARPAZ
German to French
+ ...
Account activation Aug 24, 2023

Hello Livia,

As far as I know, there are two reasons for this: either the Across authentication server is temporarily malfunctioning, or the customer has deactivated your account for one reason or another. In the first case, you should check the issue using File > Across Account, and in the second, ask the customer to reactivate your account, or even create a new CAP file with a new password. Officially, this has nothing to do with the V8, but I had the same problem when I upgraded
... See more
Hello Livia,

As far as I know, there are two reasons for this: either the Across authentication server is temporarily malfunctioning, or the customer has deactivated your account for one reason or another. In the first case, you should check the issue using File > Across Account, and in the second, ask the customer to reactivate your account, or even create a new CAP file with a new password. Officially, this has nothing to do with the V8, but I had the same problem when I upgraded to this version. So?
Collapse

Livia D'Amore
Italy
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Across support Aug 24, 2023

Hi,
thank for your reply. I'm sure that the client didn't deactivate the account because they asked me to use it for a project.
I also asked them to change cap file and password, but they didn't, saying that maybe I have an old version of don't know what...
I really don't understand where's the problem.

Aurélien ARPAZ
Aurélien ARPAZ
German to French
+ ...
No real surprise in the client's response Aug 24, 2023

Livia D'Amore wrote:

I'm sure that the client didn't deactivate the account because they asked me to use it for a project.
I also asked them to change cap file and password, but they didn't, saying that maybe I have an old version of don't know what...

The customer's response suggests that the person in charge of the project is not very comfortable with the way Across works. There's no reason not to create a new CAP with a new password. At least, that's the only way to find out where the problem lies. You should insist or at least have more precise explanations about this "old version of don't know what...". You should also report your concern to the Across Helpdesk.

Livia D'Amore
Italy
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Across support Aug 24, 2023

Hi,
I totally agree with you. I actually just suggested it once, I didn't dare to insist as I'm not sure myself that it works.
Besides I tried to ask the Across support, but (that's my fault), I didn't find out how to proceed exactly. However I'll try again in the next days.
If something changes, I'll let you know.
Thank you anyway

Aurélien ARPAZ
Aurélien ARPAZ
German to French
+ ...
Across Helpdesk Aug 24, 2023

Livia D'Amore wrote:

Besides I tried to ask the Across support, but (that's my fault), I didn't find out how to proceed exactly.

Like many things with Across, it's not that simple. The guide can be found here :

https://share.across.net/index.php/s/biPD5impDE3Abi4#pdfviewer

You can access it at :

https://helpdesk.across.net

- Click the the connection link at the top right.
- Complete all fields in the Create Account dialog and click Register.
Then "You will receive an e-mail from [email protected] with a temporary password generated
for the first login. Enter the helpdesk link in the e-mail, enter the temporary password to log in, and
specify a new password."

Hope this helps!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Cannot enter customer's server through Across desktop v8: help needed

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »