Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:54
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I would expect this #@$%& issue to be solved already Dec 16, 2022

It looks like bugs in Studio are piling up, and it becomes more and more frustrating to work with it.

Just upgraded to 2022. Waste of money.

James (Jim) Davis
James (Jim) Davis  Identity Verified
Seychelles
Local time: 01:54
Member (2022)
Italian to English
Where is the user manual Jun 2, 2023

RWS Community wrote:

Kamil Gałczyński wrote:

for me too! And I'm very curious, when Paul and company will finally fix this?!

There is nothing to fix. If you create a project and don't embed the dependency file into the SDLXLIFF and don't include the dependency file as a separate file for the user to select, then you will always have this problem. It's not a thing we can fix, it is however something you as a user can control when you create your projects. If you make sure you understand how the software works then you will never have this problem.

To be fair I hardly ever see anyone complaining about this anymore!

Regards
Paul.

Now if I could find the user manual, I could probably read all about it. Strangely I receive a lot of packages from agencies and when I mention the dependency file problem, they never explain, just go kind of quiet in a worried sort of way. In the end I found a site that explained exactly how it all worked.

WHERE IS THE USER MANUAL PLEASE, SO I CAN LEARN HOW THE SOFTWARE WORKS?

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:54
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Suggestion for a "fix" Jun 7, 2023

RWS Community wrote:

Kamil Gałczyński wrote:

for me too! And I'm very curious, when Paul and company will finally fix this?!

There is nothing to fix. If you create a project and don't embed the dependency file into the SDLXLIFF and don't include the dependency file as a separate file for the user to select, then you will always have this problem. It's not a thing we can fix, it is however something you as a user can control when you create your projects. If you make sure you understand how the software works then you will never have this problem.

To be fair I hardly ever see anyone complaining about this anymore!

Regards
Paul.

It did happen to me several times in the past few monthes, and with packages set up by… SDL themselves. I had once to click 50+ times the button Ignore to finally be able to see the content in the editor. And 50+ times again each time I close and reopen the project. Even tried to fiddle with the sdlproj file in Notepad++… to no avail.

A suggestion that could appease everyone would be to add a button "Ignore all dependencies" in the dialog box.

Philippe

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

dependency file not found

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »