Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:41
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 14, 2018

Hello,

Maybe it's an obvious question, but I've been using Trados for a few months only.

A client sent me a QA Checker profile for the final verification.
Where do I see if it is present in the project and it's name?

If I upload it in the project settings, it is used for all my projects or only for that specific project?

Thanks for your help.

Lucia

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can import QA settings… Jan 15, 2018

You can import QA settings (a SDLQASETTINGS file) both to:
- your project Project Settings > Verification > QA Checker > QA Checker Profiles > Import button.
- or to Studio general options (File menu > Options instead of Project Settings as above).

When you import that QA file, its settings are imported, but there is no way to know where they come from.

… Jesús Prieto …

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Difference between project and studio general options Jan 15, 2018

Thanks Jésus for your help.

This means that
- if I upload a sdlqasettings file in the project setup, it only refers (and is used) for that specific project

- instead, if I import it in the general options > verification > settings profile it's used for all projects in Studio

I'm asking as I wouldn't use a specific profile setting for all clients, as needs would be different per each client.

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
You are right Jun 30, 2023

(Sorry for my really late answer)
Lucia Messuti wrote:
This means that
- if I upload a sdlqasettings file in the project setup, it only refers (and is used) for that specific project
- instead, if I import it in the general options > verification > settings profile it's used for all projects in Studio
I'm asking as I wouldn't use a specific profile setting for all clients, as needs would be different per each client.

You are right!
Also if you import the settings to a project template, those settings will be automatically applied every time you create a project from that particular project template (no need to re-import the settings to the new project). This can be useful if that project template is specific for that client, because it'll save you some clicks and you won't forget to import that sdlqasettings file.

… Jesús Prieto …

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 - QA Checker profile

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »