Thread poster: Peter Bl
Peter Bl
Peter Bl  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 12:16
Japanese to English
Jul 8, 2021

Hi, Peter from Japan here.

Having a problem installing Trados 2011.
Am trying to reinstall SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2 & SDL MultiTerm 2011 SP2 Desktop Installer on my PC (Win 10/Core i5 processor).
Recently had to clean reinstall Win 10 and programs after a SDD failure. PC is working fine again.

I can download Trados 2011 & Multiterm no problem from the SDL site/my page.
I researched online (others with a similar problem).

I get a pop u
... See more
Hi, Peter from Japan here.

Having a problem installing Trados 2011.
Am trying to reinstall SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2 & SDL MultiTerm 2011 SP2 Desktop Installer on my PC (Win 10/Core i5 processor).
Recently had to clean reinstall Win 10 and programs after a SDD failure. PC is working fine again.

I can download Trados 2011 & Multiterm no problem from the SDL site/my page.
I researched online (others with a similar problem).

I get a pop up box message during Trados Studio install;
the following components will be installed: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable SP1.

OK, As suggested online by others I googled "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable SP1" and was defaulted/directed to the MS download page.
From the MS download page there were 3 options; only one which works with my processor.
Downloaded "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) (Version 8.0.61000) which is now sitting/installed in my `Control panel/Programs folder.

The problem is during Trados install, I still get an error message:
`An error occurred while downloading a required file. You may retry downloading the file or cancel setup. error message and cannot install Trados."

Uninstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable SP1 download and Trados a number of times, shut down the PC a number of times, tried again, still no go.

Is "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable SP1" the same as Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) (Version 8.0.61000)? Do I have the right component?

Sorry if I am missing something basic or doing something stupid.

Does someone out there have a solution please?

Cheers, Peter

`
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 10:16
English to Thai
+ ...
64 bit Windows Jul 8, 2021

I understand that your setup program of Trados 2011 is not compatible with Windows 10 which run at 64 bit now. I have similar troubles with obsolete siftware and latest OS's.

Please discuss with Trados for any relevant knowledgebases.

Regards
Soonthon L.

[Edited at 2021-07-08 07:26 GMT]

Peter Bl
Peter Bl  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 12:16
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Studio 2011 & Win 10 Jul 8, 2021

Hi Soonthon,
Tks for the response. FYI I posted this same question on the SDL/RWS community forum but no response.

BTW Do you know of a workaround so I can still use Trados 2011 on a Win 10 OS PC?
Or by default am I forced to buy an upgrade?
Thoughts?

Peter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2 & SDL MultiTerm 2011 SP2 Desktop Install error

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »