Transit freezes after generating Project statistics
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Jan 6, 2022

After generating the Project statistics, Transit freezes.

This is a recent problem.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 10.42.32

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 10.43.11

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 10.46.10

(I'm aware of the fact that STAR doesn't support virtualisation ...)

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:58
Chinese to German
+ ...
Used to have the same problem Jan 9, 2022

Hi Hans,

I had the same problem in October and only got it resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling Transit NXT a couple of times (which wasn't too troublesome as I was installing a new computer anyway and getting rid of old projects and files).

I can't be 100% sure. But as it seems, it all started after receiving a Transit NXT package from a STAR Germany office for translation. I sort of suspect that this package contained some settings that somehow managed to disa
... See more
Hi Hans,

I had the same problem in October and only got it resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling Transit NXT a couple of times (which wasn't too troublesome as I was installing a new computer anyway and getting rid of old projects and files).

I can't be 100% sure. But as it seems, it all started after receiving a Transit NXT package from a STAR Germany office for translation. I sort of suspect that this package contained some settings that somehow managed to disable the statistics functions of basically all user roles including the Super-User. They were all unchecked, and though I could check them, checking them wouldn't be applied.

I ended up with reinstalling Transit NXT (after finishing the project in question) and very carefully restoring my personal settings by replacing customizable files in the different Transit NXT directories. Transit has been working regularly since then.

HTH
Iris
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Two versions of the analysis report Jan 10, 2022

I just noticed that Transit creates two versions of the analysis report:

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 14.41.52

[Edited at 2022-01-10 13:43 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
SOLVED Jan 27, 2022

German-Dutch Engineering Translation wrote:

I just noticed that Transit creates two versions of the analysis report:

And that gave a clue. After switching the report format from .xlsx to .xls, the freezing stopt. Though it's still winter here in Holland ...

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 08.53.55

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
New build doesn't solve it Feb 9, 2022

Just installed the latest build. The problem still exists.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 11.44.39

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:58
Chinese to German
+ ...
Same here Feb 9, 2022

Hi,

Same here: I also installed the SP last night, but my even worse problem (I can't even call up statistics, Transit freezes completely as soon as I click project or current statistics) still exists.

I have sent a request to support, and they replied immediately and asked to send some log files. Haven't heard from them since.

Strangely enough, two days ago, it suddenly worked again when I turned on the computer (without my having changed anything at all)
... See more
Hi,

Same here: I also installed the SP last night, but my even worse problem (I can't even call up statistics, Transit freezes completely as soon as I click project or current statistics) still exists.

I have sent a request to support, and they replied immediately and asked to send some log files. Haven't heard from them since.

Strangely enough, two days ago, it suddenly worked again when I turned on the computer (without my having changed anything at all). For a very short time. Until my computer installed the latest Windows update

Iris
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Ms Feb 9, 2022

I suspect that the problems are related to updates of Microsoft Office.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
-- May 13, 2022

--

[Edited at 2022-05-13 07:11 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit freezes after generating Project statistics

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »