Thread poster: bewley
Fiona Thomas-Peter
Fiona Thomas-Peter
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:24
French to English
+ ...
2023 update Feb 9, 2023

I was just wondering if you anyone is still having issues with this in 2023? I have exactly the same issue as the original poster, I am based in the UK, where the tax year doesn't end until April 2023 and the group in question (via its office in India) is now threatening to block the payment of my invoices addressed to their French office until they receive my TRC (which I am unable to obtain from HMRC until April). Last year, they agreed to wait and my invoices continued to be paid but this yea... See more
I was just wondering if you anyone is still having issues with this in 2023? I have exactly the same issue as the original poster, I am based in the UK, where the tax year doesn't end until April 2023 and the group in question (via its office in India) is now threatening to block the payment of my invoices addressed to their French office until they receive my TRC (which I am unable to obtain from HMRC until April). Last year, they agreed to wait and my invoices continued to be paid but this year they have sent me repeated threats to block my payment until they receive the TRC, which I have repeatedly responded to, reminding them of the UK tax year dates.

I'm currently at a loss as what to do, as I receive the bulk of my work from this company but they are now withholding my payments until I send them a TRC for 2023... which I can't obtain for another two months.
Collapse

Charles R.
Charles R.  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:24
Member (2022)
German to French
+ ...
It doesn't make sense... Feb 11, 2023

Fiona Thomas-Peter wrote:

I was just wondering if you anyone is still having issues with this in 2023? I have exactly the same issue as the original poster, I am based in the UK, where the tax year doesn't end until April 2023 and the group in question (via its office in India) is now threatening to block the payment of my invoices addressed to their French office until they receive my TRC (which I am unable to obtain from HMRC until April). Last year, they agreed to wait and my invoices continued to be paid but this year they have sent me repeated threats to block my payment until they receive the TRC, which I have repeatedly responded to, reminding them of the UK tax year dates.

I'm currently at a loss as what to do, as I receive the bulk of my work from this company but they are now withholding my payments until I send them a TRC for 2023... which I can't obtain for another two months.

It looks like someone has found an easy way to temporarily increase their cash flow.

Try to get an e-mail confirmation from HRMC that TRCs for 2022 are not yet available. Besides, ask them which French law they base their request on. I'm pretty sure it's nonsense.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tax residence certificate for 2022

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »