Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 00:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Nov 7, 2022

Hi, Is Anyone from Spain helping me with this issue? please
I have translated some technical manuals from English to Arabic for a Pakistani and he is the owner of a translation agency too, but when I did the work for him, his country faces a natural disaster and floods, he ran to Spain and establish a new agency there, now he told me that (I sent the payment to you from BBVA bank in Spain, but it is holding in the Intermediary bank between Spain and Egypt, I am waiting for more than 2 mont
... See more
I have translated some technical manuals from English to Arabic for a Pakistani and he is the owner of a translation agency too, but when I did the work for him, his country faces a natural disaster and floods, he ran to Spain and establish a new agency there, now he told me that (I sent the payment to you from BBVA bank in Spain, but it is holding in the Intermediary bank between Spain and Egypt, I am waiting for more than 2 months till this moment, and every time I ask the client to send it, he tells me I must be patient till my money (uncompleted transfer) is refunded, he said that he canceled the transfer one month ago but still has no refund? and his BBVA bank is investigating??!
when I asked him to put a timeline and let me know when exactly I can get my payment, he did not reply!?
It is a very exciting and disappointing thing.
BTW: I sent him many messages via WhatsApp and Skype but he only gave me a very short reply which was not helpful.
Any help from my EU particularly from Spain is much appreciated, thanks.
Collapse

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Sorry, but it sounds like you've been scammed Nov 8, 2022

I hope you haven't lost too much money.
One thing you can do is put his details on BlueBoard in case he does the same thing again.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Hani Hassaan
Michael Newton

Tomoki Minohara
Tomoki Minohara  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:04
Member (2015)
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Sounds scam Nov 8, 2022

Hi Hani,
I suggest you try the following things.
1. Ask him to provide you with detail information on the alleged payment: date of transfer,
name, address, phone number, IBAN number and branch code of his BBVA bank.
In addition to this, request the name of the intermediary bank
2. Contact the relevant BBVA to verify the transaction.
He is a scammer if he refuses to provide information.

Hani Hassaan wrote:

I have translated some technical manuals from English to Arabic for a Pakistani and he is the owner of a translation agency too, but when I did the work for him, his country faces a natural disaster and floods, he ran to Spain and establish a new agency there, now he told me that (I sent the payment to you from BBVA bank in Spain, but it is holding in the Intermediary bank between Spain and Egypt, I am waiting for more than 2 months till this moment, and every time I ask the client to send it, he tells me I must be patient till my money (uncompleted transfer) is refunded, he said that he canceled the transfer one month ago but still has no refund? and his BBVA bank is investigating??!
when I asked him to put a timeline and let me know when exactly I can get my payment, he did not reply!?
It is a very exciting and disappointing thing.
BTW: I sent him many messages via WhatsApp and Skype but he only gave me a very short reply which was not helpful.
Any help from my EU particularly from Spain is much appreciated, thanks.

Hani Hassaan

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:04
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Hani Nov 8, 2022

This looks very much like a scam. For starters, I don’t know how long it will take for a foreigner to open a translation agency in Spain (unless he has double nationality). When I moved from Belgium to Portugal it took me about 1 month to have everything up and running and I am Portuguese…

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:04
Dutch to English
+ ...
Not necessarily a scam Nov 8, 2022

Teresa is right. However, I moved to Spain last year and within a week I had a bank account and could continue trading while sorting out the paperwork. This bank account was NOT fully functional in the sense that money could be deposited and I could use my debit card. However, I could not transfer money.

You could ask for proof in the sense of a 'justificante'. A receipt that payment has been made.

Hani Hassaan
Hani Hassaan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 00:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
He cancels the payment but putting me on hold till the refund occurs Nov 8, 2022

Thanks so much, Marijke, I asked him to cancel his transfer and use Western Union, but this client said he has had no refund from his bank for one month or so, and each time I ask, he replies (I do not know)!? I have been waiting for more than a month hoping for his refund back, he is so short with answers and I feel that he plays with me and is not serious enough to pay for my sorrow!

Marijke Singer wrote:

Teresa is right. However, I moved to Spain last year and within a week I had a bank account and could continue trading while sorting out the paperwork. This bank account was NOT fully functional in the sense that money could be deposited and I could use my debit card. However, I could not transfer money.

You could ask for proof in the sense of a 'justificante'. A receipt that payment has been made.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pending payment from Pakistani company resides in Spain recently

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »