Handan Ceyhan
Handan Ceyhan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:07
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2022

Hi everyone!

I need your urgent help. I opened an account with Payoneer, even though I submitted the requested credentials (my ID), my information has been under review since November 6th. My Euro and Dollar accounts seem to be blocked. I couldn't find anyone to contact. I don't know what to do. The company I work for said that you can pay via Payoneer and Alipay.

I don't know what to do. I look forward to your help in this matter.

Erika P.
Erika P.
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Are you sure it's blocked? Nov 27, 2022

I use Payoneer and if I remember correctly they only complete their review once you received your first payment (basically it stays under review until then)
see this too: https://community.payoneer.com/en/discussion/75905/documents-still-under-review

Arabic & More
Arabic & More  Identity Verified
Jordan
Arabic to English
+ ...
Customer Care Nov 27, 2022

You can open a support ticket with Payoneer by going to the customer care support section. There is also a phone number you can call, but I don't remember where it is listed. In my experience, they are often a bit slow to respond to any inquiries, but they do eventually respond. It can also take a long time for any documents to be verified. My only advice is to be persistent. I would also look for possible alternatives with the company you are working for...because it may turn out in the end tha... See more
You can open a support ticket with Payoneer by going to the customer care support section. There is also a phone number you can call, but I don't remember where it is listed. In my experience, they are often a bit slow to respond to any inquiries, but they do eventually respond. It can also take a long time for any documents to be verified. My only advice is to be persistent. I would also look for possible alternatives with the company you are working for...because it may turn out in the end that your documents are not accepted.Collapse

Geoffrey Black

Magdalena Godoy Bonnet
Magdalena Godoy Bonnet  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:07
Member (2022)
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Wise Nov 27, 2022

Have you tried another platform? I've heard that Wise is very good as well.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:07
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Handan Nov 28, 2022

Payments from my non-EU customers come through Wise or TransferMate and go directly to my bank account just like a bank transfer (I don’t have to withdraw funds from an account in Wise or TransferMate). Everything works fine with no delays at all!

Steve Robbie
Steve Robbie
United Kingdom
Member (2017)
German to English
+ ...
Try Wise, but forget TransferMate Nov 28, 2022

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

Payments from my non-EU customers come through Wise or TransferMate and go directly to my bank account just like a bank transfer (I don’t have to withdraw funds from an account in Wise or TransferMate). Everything works fine with no delays at all!

Wise is good. But when I recently tried to sign up to TransferMate, they refused to open an account for me. They said that they only open accounts for customers who promise to make an initial transfer of EUR 100,000 or equivalent. It didn't say this anywhere on their website, and they didn't tell me until after I had submitted copies of my ID, which I thought was obnoxious and abusive.

[Edited at 2022-11-28 14:39 GMT]

Christopher Schröder

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 18:07
Japanese to English
Payoneer is dead Nov 29, 2022

Handan Ceyhan wrote:

Hi everyone!

I need your urgent help. I opened an account with Payoneer, even though I submitted the requested credentials (my ID), my information has been under review since November 6th. My Euro and Dollar accounts seem to be blocked. I couldn't find anyone to contact. I don't know what to do. The company I work for said that you can pay via Payoneer and Alipay.

I don't know what to do. I look forward to your help in this matter.

I had the same problem earlier this year. Submitted everything, still haven't heard from Payoneer after almost a year. Their support was virtually non-existent: every ticket was closed immediately and every email was ignored. Eventually the client had to pay me by another method. Don't waste your time with Payoneer.

Michael Newton

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Stevie Nov 29, 2022

Steve Robbie wrote:

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

Wise is good. But when I recently tried to sign up to TransferMate, they refused to open an account for me. They said that they only open accounts for customers who promise to make an initial transfer of EUR 100,000 or equivalent. It didn't say this anywhere on their website, and they didn't tell me until after I had submitted copies of my ID, which I thought was obnoxious and abusive.

[Edited at 2022-11-28 14:39 GMT]

I doubt that any of my clients who use TransferMate for their payments have made an initial payment of EUR 100,000 as all but one of them are boutique translation agencies...

Steve Robbie
Steve Robbie
United Kingdom
Member (2017)
German to English
+ ...
@Teresa Nov 29, 2022

Well, maybe businesses can use it - in which case it's still relevant to Handan. Unfortunately I can't sign up to it myself.

Inna Ivanova
Inna Ivanova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2019)
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
Tough one Nov 29, 2022

I had the same problem myself.
Try their chat option even before you log into your profile. They have probably not approved one or more of your documents and it is almost impossible to get them to do it manually. Total nightmare.
I contacted 3 or 4 from their support staff before I could fix it. I don't remember how, but pay close attention to all their e-mail messages and notifications on your profile when you log in. There are some things that seem not that important, but without w
... See more
I had the same problem myself.
Try their chat option even before you log into your profile. They have probably not approved one or more of your documents and it is almost impossible to get them to do it manually. Total nightmare.
I contacted 3 or 4 from their support staff before I could fix it. I don't remember how, but pay close attention to all their e-mail messages and notifications on your profile when you log in. There are some things that seem not that important, but without which you are not able to be approved.
It takes a lot of time and nerves, but be patient.
Another option is Skrill, but I found their fees to be much higher at least at the time.
Collapse

Laura Scalabrini
Laura Scalabrini  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:07
English to Italian
+ ...
Have you managed to solve the problem? Dec 22, 2022

A long established customer of mine has decided to switch to Payoneer as the only method of payment for invoices over EUR 300. I had opened an account about one year and a half ago, and only now has this customer started paying via Payoneer. My customer's site reports my account as inactive. Since yesterday I have been trying to figure out how to reactivate it, without success. I can't find any human contact to talk/write to, I'm always redirected to the support centre where I find the usual FAQ... See more
A long established customer of mine has decided to switch to Payoneer as the only method of payment for invoices over EUR 300. I had opened an account about one year and a half ago, and only now has this customer started paying via Payoneer. My customer's site reports my account as inactive. Since yesterday I have been trying to figure out how to reactivate it, without success. I can't find any human contact to talk/write to, I'm always redirected to the support centre where I find the usual FAQs and nothing that helps to solve my case. Do you have any advice for me? Unfortunately, the customer has decided to stop paying by bank transfer. Had I known that using Payoneer was going to be the nightmare it turned out to be, I would have refused all the work that has come my way over the past two months. Now I no longer know what to do to recover what is owed to me. Thanks in advance for any suggestions - advice - tips - (and working emails-phone numbers, ideally).Collapse

Geoffrey Black

Marissa Aguayo Gavilano
Marissa Aguayo Gavilano  Identity Verified
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
I hope these work Dec 29, 2022

Laura Scalabrini wrote:

A long established customer of mine has decided to switch to Payoneer as the only method of payment for invoices over EUR 300. I had opened an account about one year and a half ago, and only now has this customer started paying via Payoneer. My customer's site reports my account as inactive. Since yesterday I have been trying to figure out how to reactivate it, without success. I can't find any human contact to talk/write to, I'm always redirected to the support centre where I find the usual FAQs and nothing that helps to solve my case. Do you have any advice for me? Unfortunately, the customer has decided to stop paying by bank transfer. Had I known that using Payoneer was going to be the nightmare it turned out to be, I would have refused all the work that has come my way over the past two months. Now I no longer know what to do to recover what is owed to me. Thanks in advance for any suggestions - advice - tips - (and working emails-phone numbers, ideally).

Hi Laura,

I found these numbers online. I hope they work.

Toll Free US Telephone: 1-888-290-3990; UK: +44-203-608-0610; Australia: +61-28-379-8090; International: 1-646-658-3695

I haven't had the need to contact them in many years fortunately. When I did, I called the US phone number as it was free for me to do it.

Email: [email protected]

Geoffrey Black
Geoffrey Black  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2017)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
Payoneer support Mar 14, 2023

Laura Scalabrini wrote:

A long established customer of mine has decided to switch to Payoneer as the only method of payment for invoices over EUR 300. I had opened an account about one year and a half ago, and only now has this customer started paying via Payoneer. My customer's site reports my account as inactive. Since yesterday I have been trying to figure out how to reactivate it, without success. I can't find any human contact to talk/write to, I'm always redirected to the support centre where I find the usual FAQs and nothing that helps to solve my case. Do you have any advice for me? Unfortunately, the customer has decided to stop paying by bank transfer. Had I known that using Payoneer was going to be the nightmare it turned out to be, I would have refused all the work that has come my way over the past two months. Now I no longer know what to do to recover what is owed to me. Thanks in advance for any suggestions - advice - tips - (and working emails-phone numbers, ideally).

Use the Contact us" at the top/bottom of the FAQ page. They usually take a day or two to respond, but they are OK in the end. I have been using Payoneer since 2019, and am generally happy with their service in three currencies.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Receiving payment via Payoneer

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »