Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 05:12
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
@Robert Dec 14, 2022

I always wondered how far the clients would go if I just “let it be” without sending any reminders. Does your thing work and you actually get paid on its own after two months (no reminders)?

I always had an impression I would never get paid if I didn’t send a reminder, which I need to send in 98% of cases. And I also send it soon after the due date (in 5 days max, but more like in 1-2 days). I have a reminder app that reminds me to check/remind clients.

And I hear
... See more
I always wondered how far the clients would go if I just “let it be” without sending any reminders. Does your thing work and you actually get paid on its own after two months (no reminders)?

I always had an impression I would never get paid if I didn’t send a reminder, which I need to send in 98% of cases. And I also send it soon after the due date (in 5 days max, but more like in 1-2 days). I have a reminder app that reminds me to check/remind clients.

And I heard a wide range of stupid excuses from them. It’s like little kids that had been caught stealing sweets from a cupboard.

[Edited at 2022-12-14 14:41 GMT]
Collapse

Marta de Mattos Jónsson
Adieu

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:12
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Maybe I am being misunderstood Dec 14, 2022

Lingua 5B wrote:

And I heard a wide range of stupid excuses from them. It’s like little kids that had been caught stealing sweets from a cupboard.

[Edited at 2022-12-14 14:41 GMT]

I do send reminders, only after 2 months. Why 2 months? Well, I have clients who pay me immediately, within a month, but also some with a paying policy of 2 months.

This doesn't mean I check my administration once in two months, but when I do check it, most bills are paid, and if there is non-payer, well see my first thread. It saves me a lot of time and nerves, and it works fine for me.

In the 20 odd years I am working as a translator, there was only one agency that didn't pay me, because they went bankrupt (that is, the owner took the money and left for Tahiti or so).

[Edited at 2022-12-14 17:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-12-14 17:05 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Late payment or no payment

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »