Thread poster: Fernando Blanco Díaz
Fernando Blanco Díaz
Fernando Blanco Díaz
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 26, 2023

Hi!

I'm applying for a job offer as a freelance translator for RWS, but I don't know much about rates as I have hardly put any work yet. See if anyone can help me; I would really appreciate it!

It would be from Spanish (Spain) to English (UK). The services that I would be able to offer are Adaptation, Translation, Translation simple (these ones would have a rate per word and they would include Gaming and IT services) and Linguistic Quality Evaluation (this one would hav
... See more
Hi!

I'm applying for a job offer as a freelance translator for RWS, but I don't know much about rates as I have hardly put any work yet. See if anyone can help me; I would really appreciate it!

It would be from Spanish (Spain) to English (UK). The services that I would be able to offer are Adaptation, Translation, Translation simple (these ones would have a rate per word and they would include Gaming and IT services) and Linguistic Quality Evaluation (this one would have an hourly rate).

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:51
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Can't mention Jan 31, 2023

You are not allowed to mention the name of the client here in the forums (unless you're reporting a scam in the scam subforum). Please edit your post.

Fernando Blanco Díaz wrote:
It would be from Spanish (Spain) to English (UK).

The average agency rates reported at ProZ.com for this language combination are:

spanish english
https://search.proz.com/?sp=pfe/rates

Adaptation, Translation, Translation simple ... and Linguistic Quality Evaluation

Adaptation is simply a type of translation (different clients mean different things by it). I've never heard of "translation simple".

[Edited at 2023-01-31 20:34 GMT]

Fernando Blanco Díaz
Fernando Blanco Díaz
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 31, 2023

Thank you for your response.

However, it won't let me edit the post, as more than 24 hours have passed after it was published. It won't let me eliminate the post either. Any ideas?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation rates for RWS job offer as freelancer

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »