¿Hay manera de instalar SDL Trados 2021 sin tener una cuenta?
Thread poster: Sergio Nicolás Cortiñas
Sergio Nicolás Cortiñas
Sergio Nicolás Cortiñas
Argentina
Local time: 21:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 5, 2022

¡Hola, comunidad!

Quisiera saber si hay forma de descargar Trados sin poseer una cuenta propia. Tuve que cambiar mi PC de escritorio donde lo tenía instalado (me lo instaló un técnico que trabajaba con una empresa de la que ya no soy parte) y no poseo una cuenta personal. Tampoco tengo manera para comunicarme con la persona que me lo instaló.

No sé si sea un dato relevante, pero aún tengo el Installer de Trados en la PC vieja. Si consigo pasar ese archivo a la
... See more
¡Hola, comunidad!

Quisiera saber si hay forma de descargar Trados sin poseer una cuenta propia. Tuve que cambiar mi PC de escritorio donde lo tenía instalado (me lo instaló un técnico que trabajaba con una empresa de la que ya no soy parte) y no poseo una cuenta personal. Tampoco tengo manera para comunicarme con la persona que me lo instaló.

No sé si sea un dato relevante, pero aún tengo el Installer de Trados en la PC vieja. Si consigo pasar ese archivo a la PC nueva, ¿Podría instalar el programa y utilizarlo? (Asumiendo que puedo ver el numero de licencia en la interfaz de Trados desde la PC donde fue instalado originalmente).

Si alguien me puede ayudar, favor deje un comentario abajo. ¡Gracias!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:03
English to Russian
Deactivate first Jun 5, 2022

In general, this forum is supposed to be in English only, but let's rely on our good mighty Google Translate.
You should deactivate Trados on your old computer first to release your license. Then you install Trados on your new computer and use the same license to activate the newly installed Trados. If the license is still valid, it will work. However you can't know for sure whether that license is still valid or not unless you see it available in your RWS account. Once activated, Trados
... See more
In general, this forum is supposed to be in English only, but let's rely on our good mighty Google Translate.
You should deactivate Trados on your old computer first to release your license. Then you install Trados on your new computer and use the same license to activate the newly installed Trados. If the license is still valid, it will work. However you can't know for sure whether that license is still valid or not unless you see it available in your RWS account. Once activated, Trados can work even if the license is canceled for any reason on the RWS side. But if you remove a license that had been already canceled, you will not be able to recover it. In your case, transferring your license from one computer to another is sort of dicey.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

¿Hay manera de instalar SDL Trados 2021 sin tener una cuenta?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »