Why should I buy a new Trados Studio version if...
Thread poster: Flavio Granados F
Flavio Granados F
Flavio Granados F  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 23:17
English to Spanish
Jul 9, 2022

¿Por qué debo comprar una nueva versión de Trados Studio -cuyo tiempo de vida útil quieren acortar- si la versión anterior tiene defectos y no terminan de entregar un producto estable?

Why should I buy a new Trados Studio version when previous one is not stable at all? Its "formal" useful/shelf life is increasingly shorter

This thing is recurrent in last years.

Más que una pregunta es un punto de atención.

Gracias.

Fla
... See more
¿Por qué debo comprar una nueva versión de Trados Studio -cuyo tiempo de vida útil quieren acortar- si la versión anterior tiene defectos y no terminan de entregar un producto estable?

Why should I buy a new Trados Studio version when previous one is not stable at all? Its "formal" useful/shelf life is increasingly shorter

This thing is recurrent in last years.

Más que una pregunta es un punto de atención.

Gracias.

Flavio

[Edited at 2022-07-09 16:59 GMT]
Collapse

Andrew Poloyan

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:17
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Bilingual post Jul 9, 2022

Flavio Granados F wrote:
Why should I buy a new Trados Studio version when previous one is not stable at all? Its "formal" useful/shelf life is increasingly shorter.

If you want to get answers from the English-language Trados forum, you have to post in English exclusively, otherwise the moderator will think that you've mistakenly posted in the English forum when in fact you wanted to post in the Spanish one.

All software have bugs -- it's up to you to decide if you're happy with the ratio of bugs to features in any software that you buy.

Yossi Rozenman
Jorge Payan

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:17
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Could you please add details? Jul 10, 2022

Instead of stating that the tool has problems, I would be much better is you share a list of the problems you have found along the way when using SDL Trados. Tha't the only way any company can provide a better service and a better product.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why should I buy a new Trados Studio version if...

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »