Extra Consult
Extra Consult
Belgium
Local time: 14:46
Member (2008)
English
Whois lookup of domain Sep 12, 2012

Tom in London wrote:

I also note there are no contact details: no postal address, no phone number....
So Sian - I would advise you to stay away from these people.

[Edited at 2012-09-10 12:29 GMT]

A whois lookup of the domain also leads to PRIVACYPROTECT.ORG (http://www.whois.com/whois/teachersacrosstheplanet.com), which means all contact details are hidden, no technical or administrative contacts. So no way to link this to a name or even a simple contact in case of problems.

Jack Ward
Jack Ward  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
Witty riposte Sep 12, 2012

JaneD wrote:

Ty Kendall wrote:

When something is both fishy and cheesy, it just can't be good.

Cheesy fish gratin, for example!

Lol! That tickled me.

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:46
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Free registratiion is the key Sep 12, 2012

Woodstock wrote:

For an "organization" that charges membership fees, the website looks very rudimentary, but that is not necessarily indicative of the job quality - it's something I take note of, i.e. if a website looks professional or not. First impressions matter.

In any event, I would be careful of any service that charges money before you can actually see or test what they are offering. I think the ProZ model is pretty good: You have access to a lot of features if you don't pay, but if you are a paying member, you have access to loads more services and information. For me, it has been worth the membership fees I have paid for the last 7 years. However, on the site you link to, there's no way of knowing what you are paying for.

As long as you can sign up or register for free, I think a website would be okay according to my experience, but a big no-no to pay in order to just see the details of what kind of jobs they're posting.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Scam reports should be made via the support center Sep 12, 2012

Dear all,

If you have concrete evidence of a scam, please submit a support request. This will help site staff to investigate the case and, if the scam is confirmed, send a scam alert to other translators via the Scam alert center. Thanks!

Lucia

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 14:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
It's screaming "scam"... Sep 12, 2012

.... and, besides making sure that it goes into the Proz Scam Alert Centre, could someone who is a member of ATA perhaps suggest to their organisation that they take appropriate action to disassociate themselves from this site? (I know it's not their fault their logo is being misused, but they need to do sth about it).

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know this site?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »