A survey on tools and resources for translation professionals
Thread poster: Joanna Gough
Joanna Gough
Joanna Gough  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:11
Sep 25, 2012

Hello there, I'm launching a short survey on translation tools and resources with an aim to take a snapshot of the current habits and preferences of translation professionals.
The results will be presented at the Knowledge Cafe event during the Translating and the Computer 34 Conference, on Friday, 30 November 2012 (http://www.aslib.co.uk/conferences/tc_2012/index.htm ).
... See more
Hello there, I'm launching a short survey on translation tools and resources with an aim to take a snapshot of the current habits and preferences of translation professionals.
The results will be presented at the Knowledge Cafe event during the Translating and the Computer 34 Conference, on Friday, 30 November 2012 (http://www.aslib.co.uk/conferences/tc_2012/index.htm ).

The results will also be used as a basis for developing a Professional Development programme for the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) and will also provide some background data for my PhD.

The survey will not take more than 10 minutes to complete and I will be most grateful for your time.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Tools_and_Resources_for_Translation_Professionals

Best regards,
Joanna
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:11
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very interesting survey Sep 25, 2012

I have done my bit.

A very interesting survey. Proves that I should spend some time getting to know about many of the resources mentioned!

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Done! Sep 25, 2012

And yes, there are many tools I've never heard of! Thank you for letting us know about them

Alison Sparks (X)
Alison Sparks (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Me too Sep 25, 2012

I had no idea that there were so many tools and resources. Interesting to see the results.

Good luck with the PhD

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same here Sep 25, 2012

I was surprised to see so many resources I didn't know... hope to use a few of them. Thanks!

Good luck.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Just completed it myself... Sep 25, 2012

Interesting survey Joanna, including a couple of resources I had not yet heard of.

Michael

Joanna Gough
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 25, 2012

Dear all,

I launched the survey this morning and already have 75 completed responses! Thank you so much for your participation and your kind comments. It has really made my day!

I hope you will find some of the tools and resources useful - and there is a lot more out there in the wild wild net...:)

Best wishes,

Joanna

Joanna Gough
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
One week to go! Oct 25, 2012

Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know that I will be closing this questionnaire at the end of this month so if you missed it or haven't had the time to do it yet, please do spare 10 minutes of your precious time.

I have had a tremendous response and I have received almost 500 full responses from all over the world! It would be great to cross the magic number of 500!

I would like to say thank
... See more
Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know that I will be closing this questionnaire at the end of this month so if you missed it or haven't had the time to do it yet, please do spare 10 minutes of your precious time.

I have had a tremendous response and I have received almost 500 full responses from all over the world! It would be great to cross the magic number of 500!

I would like to say thank you to all contributors for taking the time to fill the questionaire and for all the kind words I have received.

All respondents who have provided an e-mail address will receive a copy of the results, but in the meantime, if you would like to receive a pdf copy of the questionnaire to research the tools/resources listed in it, please do feel free to contact me at: [email protected].

With kindest regards,
Joanna
Collapse

Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Just saw it now... Oct 25, 2012

...and completed the survey.

Thank you, I will have to look into all of these resources, I am sure I can find something useful I never heard of!

Good luck for your PhD!

Kind regards
Anna

Walter Moura
Walter Moura  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:11
English to Portuguese
Just saw it, Oct 25, 2012

and completed it. Thank you.

I never knew there were so many resources available. I look forward to see the results.

Joanna Gough
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
One day to go! Oct 30, 2012

Walter, Anna and everyone who has contributed to this questionnaire - thank you so much for your input - very appreciated!

I'll be closing the survey tomorrow night, so if any of you haven't had a chance to coplete it yet, please do so - it really is a short survey and hopefully you can find some tools and resources that you have not heard of before.

Many thanks!
Joanna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A survey on tools and resources for translation professionals

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »