Thread poster: DocteurPC
DocteurPC
DocteurPC  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:32
English to French
+ ...
Jan 20, 2016

Those of you using Termium have certainly found the new format a bit confusing.
What is missing the most is the drop-down menu that was on the left side of the page. This way, you could find similar terms or combinations that would help you translate better.
You can still get that list, but only by calling it after asking for a term and you have to click on "Alphabetical list of terms" which is on the right side of the screen (in French: Liste alphabétique des termes).

... See more
Those of you using Termium have certainly found the new format a bit confusing.
What is missing the most is the drop-down menu that was on the left side of the page. This way, you could find similar terms or combinations that would help you translate better.
You can still get that list, but only by calling it after asking for a term and you have to click on "Alphabetical list of terms" which is on the right side of the screen (in French: Liste alphabétique des termes).

It then hides the left part of your screen, which is a bit bothersome.

I asked them to put it back where it was before, by default.
If many of you ask the same thing, it might get done.

Good translation,
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
+ ...
thanks for the heads-up Jan 20, 2016

The new interface is even worse than the one it replaces, which itself was much words than the original one.

Clearly, the UI was designed by someone who does not translate for a living.

On my Chromium browser, found terms jump up and down constantly.

Also, into English, it seems that terms from France have been eliminated, although I have not thouroughly checked that. Just a gut feeling.

what is the procedure to ask them to change the interface
... See more
The new interface is even worse than the one it replaces, which itself was much words than the original one.

Clearly, the UI was designed by someone who does not translate for a living.

On my Chromium browser, found terms jump up and down constantly.

Also, into English, it seems that terms from France have been eliminated, although I have not thouroughly checked that. Just a gut feeling.

what is the procedure to ask them to change the interface?
Collapse

DocteurPC
DocteurPC  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New Termium - feedback Jan 21, 2016

It seems, from the FAQ, that the idea was to make Termium available on portable devices.

However, translators do not work on their cell phones or even their tablets, although they may want to check a term occasionally outside of their work. Therefore, this change is not very useful for us.

There is a feedback button (rétroaction in French) at the bottom of the screen where you can answer a few questions and add your comments at the bottom of the short list of question
... See more
It seems, from the FAQ, that the idea was to make Termium available on portable devices.

However, translators do not work on their cell phones or even their tablets, although they may want to check a term occasionally outside of their work. Therefore, this change is not very useful for us.

There is a feedback button (rétroaction in French) at the bottom of the screen where you can answer a few questions and add your comments at the bottom of the short list of questions.

I will post a similar forum in French as soon as I have a minute. It would be nice if someone can do it in Spanish and Portuguese for translators in those 2 languages.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Termium - finding list of terms

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »