Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:57
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Annoy Sep 21, 2021

Adieu wrote:

Gotta love it when lazy scammers try to run multiple simultaneous scams on the same mark

Free work, banking scam, and ooh can you buy my software and probably install some inbedded spyware/malware while you're at it?

[Edited at 2021-09-21 14:29 GMT]

I've read the documents. This is actually a rather challenging transcreation job that requires linguistic skill. Then you will use their software to annoy millions of people all over the world by sending them unsolicited emails.

[Edited at 2021-09-21 16:01 GMT]

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:57
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@All Sep 21, 2021

I've just found this: https://www.adecco.co.uk/online-security/

expressisverbis
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:57
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just one more comment Sep 22, 2021

It's true that his e-mail wasn't from adecco, but the e-mail he used for Skype was [email protected],
skype user live:.cid.c8d9df749f113bf4.

Thanks for your comments, Staff contacted me asking for all the details in order to issue a scam alert report.
Thank you Proz.com.

Tom in London

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Local time: 11:57
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
I have received the same translation proposition from Sep 22, 2021

Hello,

I received the same translation proposition offer from a person that said to be called "Alessandro widmer". He accepted my rate and asked me to send him back his contract, that is what I did, indicating my name, address, phone number, email. What are the risks of having given these information for the moment? things haven't gone further for the moment, I have downloaded any software or given my bank details. We must inform Proz about it. I think what must alarm people is the
... See more
Hello,

I received the same translation proposition offer from a person that said to be called "Alessandro widmer". He accepted my rate and asked me to send him back his contract, that is what I did, indicating my name, address, phone number, email. What are the risks of having given these information for the moment? things haven't gone further for the moment, I have downloaded any software or given my bank details. We must inform Proz about it. I think what must alarm people is the fact that "the person" says that the translator will have to translate a website called "listverse.com" and that he will be paid by Adecco. But in one of his emails, he says "we need to translate our website into French" so he speaks like he is directly "listverse".
Collapse

Rocío Tempone
Rocío Tempone  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for reporting! Sep 22, 2021

Hello, everyone.

I'd like to thank all of you for taking your time to report this.

The profile has been removed and that user has been banned from using the platform.

The email template has also been added to ProZ.com's Scam Alert Center, as similar messages have been reported by other translators. You can s
... See more
Hello, everyone.

I'd like to thank all of you for taking your time to report this.

The profile has been removed and that user has been banned from using the platform.

The email template has also been added to ProZ.com's Scam Alert Center, as similar messages have been reported by other translators. You can see the report created here:

https://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Translator_scam_alert_reports#September_22.2C_2021:_Scammer_pretending_to_represent_Adecco_Switzerland_.2F_Listverse.com

I hope this helps! Again, thanks to all for reporting and helping keep ProZ.com safe.
Collapse

Tom in London
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Gregory Lassale
Gregory Lassale  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:57
English to French
Scam confirmed? Sep 27, 2021

Hello all,

I too received an email from this Alessandro Widmer at Adecco offering translation jobs for Listverse. Is that a confirmed scam?

Thanks

[Edited at 2021-09-27 01:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-09-27 02:24 GMT]

Gregory Lassale
United States
English to French
? Sep 28, 2021

Anyone?

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
English to German
In memoriam
Really, just read the thread Sep 28, 2021

Gregory Lassale wrote:

Anyone?

Gregory, did you read this thread? It should give you enough information to confirm that this is a scam.

Christel Zipfel
Adieu

Gregory Lassale
United States
English to French
yes Sep 28, 2021

I did read the thread but missed the link in Rocío's post and Adecco's fraud page didn't include him. Thank you.

Valérie Galichon
Valérie Galichon  Identity Verified
Germany
English to French
Alessandro Widmer IG SCAMMMMMM!!! Oct 6, 2021

Good Evening,

I got also contacted by this guy and they deposited 830 euros on this IG account asking the same as you all. He was on skype twice yesterday and this evening. I said that I didn't want to pass via this IG thing and that it was weird. I requested a deposit on Paypal. He never sent the documents to be translated .
Then he vanished again like last week.
I really wonder who is behind this.
Are there more people here to whom it happened?
valéri
... See more
Good Evening,

I got also contacted by this guy and they deposited 830 euros on this IG account asking the same as you all. He was on skype twice yesterday and this evening. I said that I didn't want to pass via this IG thing and that it was weird. I requested a deposit on Paypal. He never sent the documents to be translated .
Then he vanished again like last week.
I really wonder who is behind this.
Are there more people here to whom it happened?
valérie Galichon
Collapse

Alexandra Le Deun
Alexandra Le Deun  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
Same here Oct 7, 2021

Hello everyone,
I also got contacted with the same procedure.
I wonder what is the point… What are they looking for? Do they want our personal data for… what?

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Scams Oct 7, 2021

Money laundering, obtaining credit in your name, registering indebted companies in your name.... something like that.

Alexandra Le Deun wrote:

Hello everyone,
I also got contacted with the same procedure.
I wonder what is the point… What are they looking for? Do they want our personal data for… what?

Alexandra Le Deun

Valérie Galichon
Germany
English to French
Alessandro Widmer IG SCAMMMMMM!!! Oct 8, 2021

Hello to you all! Update:

I have been contacted via skype 3 times this week. Always in the evening at the same time. And he is also asking if I have kids, their ages etc... Of course, I didn't give ANY info.
Super weird. I wonder the reason for all of this. Because I clearly told that person (I don't even think it's the real name and location) that he was a scammer. And he said: why don't you believe me?(!!!!!!)
but he is very persistant!

Valérie Galichon
Germany
English to French
Alessandro Widmer IG SCAMMMMMM!!! Oct 8, 2021

He just connected now. I now signed off. I really wonder who are these people! BEWARE!

Michael Bastin
Michael Bastin  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
Another name for the Adecco Scam (Konrad de la Piedra) Feb 28, 2023

This is what I received this morning and I thought I'd let the community know:

We are interested in your translation solution. We need the articles of www.listverse.com to be translated into German. Two articles are published on Listverse website everyday with an average of 2000 words per article. So, we need you to translate an average of 4000 words/day for us on a regular basis.
Do you know
... See more
This is what I received this morning and I thought I'd let the community know:

We are interested in your translation solution. We need the articles of www.listverse.com to be translated into German. Two articles are published on Listverse website everyday with an average of 2000 words per article. So, we need you to translate an average of 4000 words/day for us on a regular basis.
Do you know about our HR agency Adecco? Search in Google.
Listverse is one of our clients.
Please send a Skype contact request to live:.cid.11a64d5e9c4f2131 in order to discuss further. We prefer Skype for better communication. Email is slow and ineffective. We would appreciate if you message us on Skype directly.

[email protected]

[Edited at 2023-02-28 09:09 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alessandro Widmer / Adecco staff impersonation / IG account

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »