If you could fix one thing about your subtitling software, what would it be?
Penyiaran jaluran : Ryan Holmes
Ryan Holmes
Ryan Holmes
Amerika Syarikat
Local time: 18:31
Pengguna baru
Sep 26

Hi everyone, I’m Ryan.

I work professionally in video distribution and caption delivery, and I’m currently developing a desktop captioning and subtitling application called ROQ.

I joined ProZ because I don’t want to build software in a vacuum. I’d really like to understand how professional subtitlers work today and where existing tools slow you down or make the work harder than it needs to be.

I’d love to hear what software you currently use, wha
... See more
Hi everyone, I’m Ryan.

I work professionally in video distribution and caption delivery, and I’m currently developing a desktop captioning and subtitling application called ROQ.

I joined ProZ because I don’t want to build software in a vacuum. I’d really like to understand how professional subtitlers work today and where existing tools slow you down or make the work harder than it needs to be.

I’d love to hear what software you currently use, what you like about it, what frustrates you most, and what you wish it handled better.

I’m especially interested in editing, timing, QC, positioning, file formats, media playback, and anything that regularly slows down your workflow.

Thanks for any insight. I’m here primarily to learn from people who do this work every day.

Ryan
Founder, RyOnQ
Creator of ROQ
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If you could fix one thing about your subtitling software, what would it be?







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »