Skype warning Penyiaran jaluran : Patricia Lane
| Patricia Lane Perancis Local time: 10:47 Bahasa Perancis hingga Bahasa Inggeris + ...
Hi all,
A very strange thing just happened with Skype and I thought it wise to post it here.
I sent my husband a PDF file, and he received two files at the same time: the PDF file I'd uploaded, and a work file that is on another drive on my computer.
On my side, Skype shows I have sent my one PDF file, period.
I've emailed tech support and will let you know if/when they answer.
For those of you who use Skype to send files or, gas... See more Hi all,
A very strange thing just happened with Skype and I thought it wise to post it here.
I sent my husband a PDF file, and he received two files at the same time: the PDF file I'd uploaded, and a work file that is on another drive on my computer.
On my side, Skype shows I have sent my one PDF file, period.
I've emailed tech support and will let you know if/when they answer.
For those of you who use Skype to send files or, gasp, send money, be careful...
Patricia ▲ Collapse | | | | | Strange :!!!!! | Mar 14, 2009 |
Patricia Lane wrote:
Hi all,
A very strange thing just happened with Skype and I thought it wise to post it here.
I sent my husband a PDF file, and he received two files at the same time: the PDF file I'd uploaded, and a work file that is on another drive on my computer.
On my side, Skype shows I have sent my one PDF file, period.
I've emailed tech support and will let you know if/when they answer.
For those of you who use Skype to send files or, gasp, send money, be careful...
Patricia
Very strange indeed Patricia ! Can you tell us which version you have ? Is it the last version ?
Which kind of OS do you have ? XP, Vista, Linux ?
Thanks
Moh | | | | Patricia Lane Perancis Local time: 10:47 Bahasa Perancis hingga Bahasa Inggeris + ... TOPIC STARTER
Hi Mohamed,
I have Skype version 3.8.0139 and am on XP Pro.
Did a thorough check last night - no bugs, no thugs, no virus, nothing, the computer is clean.
I don't get it. Hope Skype's tech support can figure it out.
Patricia | | | | Fathy Shehatto Mesir Local time: 11:47 Bahasa Inggeris hingga Bahasa Arab + ... | confirmed my doubts! | Mar 15, 2009 |
Hi Patricia,
You have confirmed my doubtful incident!
Last week, I got a pdf file from one client in Ireland. Which teases me is "How is the file received without accepting it?"
There was a message says" File is received". When I asked my client in Ireland if she has just sent me a pdf file 2 minutes before. She replied that she didn't send anything.
I am using Win XP Pro and skype 4.0.0
Hope we could get an explanation!
... See more Hi Patricia,
You have confirmed my doubtful incident!
Last week, I got a pdf file from one client in Ireland. Which teases me is "How is the file received without accepting it?"
There was a message says" File is received". When I asked my client in Ireland if she has just sent me a pdf file 2 minutes before. She replied that she didn't send anything.
I am using Win XP Pro and skype 4.0.0
Hope we could get an explanation!
Fathy Shehatto
[Edited at 2009-03-15 23:34 GMT] ▲ Collapse | | |
|
|
|
PAS Local time: 10:47 Bahasa Poland hingga Bahasa Inggeris + ... | Skype strangeness | Mar 16, 2009 |
You should repeat the process. Send the same file to the same recipient again and see what happens.
I tend not to use Skype to send large files. I prefer services like Yousendit or Megaupload.
Best,
Pawel Skalinski | | | | Patricia Lane Perancis Local time: 10:47 Bahasa Perancis hingga Bahasa Inggeris + ... TOPIC STARTER
Good idea, Pawel, I'll try that this evening.
Patricia | | | | To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator: You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request » Skype warning | Anycount & Translation Office 3000 | Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.
More info » |
| | Protemos translation business management system | Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.
More info » |
|
| | | | X Sign in to your ProZ.com account... | | | | | |