Experience with MetaAccess?
Penyiaran jaluran : Rebecca Capowski
Rebecca Capowski
Rebecca Capowski
Amerika Syarikat
Local time: 18:02
Ahli (2014)
Bahasa Jepun hingga Bahasa Inggeris
May 25, 2019

I have a new client who's requesting that I install a purported security program called "MetaAccess" from OPSwat due to the sensitivity of the documents I'll be handling. I'm a bit skeptical here; I've never heard of this program, and I'm having a hard time finding any info on it that isn't promotional material from the manufacturer. (The only third-party info that pops info consists of a couple blatantly-astroturfed "user review" pages.) The info from OPSwat raises questions: installing Meta... See more
I have a new client who's requesting that I install a purported security program called "MetaAccess" from OPSwat due to the sensitivity of the documents I'll be handling. I'm a bit skeptical here; I've never heard of this program, and I'm having a hard time finding any info on it that isn't promotional material from the manufacturer. (The only third-party info that pops info consists of a couple blatantly-astroturfed "user review" pages.) The info from OPSwat raises questions: installing MetaAccess would seem to hand over the keys for my comp's security to the client & program. The info also makes several promises that seem unwise, such as automatic removal of programs it deems "unsafe." I can see things going wrong very quickly.

Has anyone worked with this program previously? The client is an established translation agency, but they have a few practices that are nonstandard for the industry. I'd like to collaborate with the company, but given the information I have currently, it seems as if installing MetaAccess would violate my own security and that of my other clients.
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Experience with MetaAccess?






LinguaCore
AI Translation at Your Fingertips

The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »