Japamerican
Japamerican  Identity Verified
Amerika Syarikat
Local time: 03:40
Bahasa Jepun hingga Bahasa Inggeris
+ ...
Aug 19, 2010

Hello!

Thanks in advance. I am trying to place the Japanese Translation of .ttx file into English .inx file, because the existing inx file is in English when the ttx file is in “English-Japanese”.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 12:40
Ahli (2010)
Bahasa Inggeris hingga Bahasa Norway(Bokmal)
+ ...
Should be sufficient to export ttx file to inx in Trados Aug 20, 2010

I take it your ttx file is a .inx.ttx file. If you export the ttx file out of Trados so that you get the translated .inx file, all the Japanese should (at least in theory - I have no experience with that language) fall into its proper place.

If this doesn't work, you should be able to copy the text in one segment at a time into the inx file, at least if you have the correct indesign version, but I would not recommend that procedure. I believe it's also possible to open the inx file
... See more
I take it your ttx file is a .inx.ttx file. If you export the ttx file out of Trados so that you get the translated .inx file, all the Japanese should (at least in theory - I have no experience with that language) fall into its proper place.

If this doesn't work, you should be able to copy the text in one segment at a time into the inx file, at least if you have the correct indesign version, but I would not recommend that procedure. I believe it's also possible to open the inx file in Notepad, but the codes would probably not make this a nice experience.

Roy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to place the Japanese Translation of .ttx file into English .inx file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »